I’m a sponsored Meta Influencer, but all opinions are my own. Please see below for additional disclosure.
February is heart health month, in addition to heart disease awareness month. As most of you probably already know, heart disease is the number 1 killer of women. This is something to be taken seriously even though it may seem like an ‘old person’ disease. But being in our 30s, it is the best time to start taking steps towards a lifelong healthy heart.
Adding Metamucil to one of your daily beverages or foods can help with your goals to keep a healthy heart. Research shows that those eating a high-fiber diet have a 40 percent lower risk of heart disease.
Metamucil contains natural psyllium, a soluble fiber that works with your digestive system to help it run smoothly and deliver other important health benefits. It’s a great daily supplement to help maintain regularity* and keep you from being among the 95% of Americans who don’t get enough fiber every day.
Last month, I introduced to you Meta Appetite Control and how I am incorporating that into my smoothies to help my appetite and include more fiber. I also took the PopSugar quiz “What type of snacker are you?” to find out how I snack and the best way to keep my appetite in check and help me with my goal to shed that baby weight. You can check that post out here and take the quiz and find out what type of snacker you are. You can also get my recipe for my Orange Zest Raspberry Fiber Smoothie. It is delicious.
Looking for more ways to get more fiber in your diet? Why not just use Metamucil for all those needs? It dissolves quickly and doesn’t have a taste, so you won’t even know it is there, while adding some much needed fiber to your diet.
Here are ten ways to add Metamucil to your diet while meeting your fiber goals without any effort:
- Sprinkle Metamucil on your cereal, hot or cold.
- Add Metamucil to your yogurt. Top with some berries and you have the perfect snack or breakfast.
- Add Metamucil to your morning smoothie. You can get my recipe here.
- Sprinkle Metamucil on your salad or mix it into your salad dressing.
- For a dinner side, add Metamucil to your rice, barley, quinoa or couscous.
- For lunch, make a sandwich or wrap and use hummus as your spread. Mix the Metamucil into the hummus. Or just eat hummus as a dip and eat with some veggies.
- When baking, add two tablespoons of Metamucil to your batter.
- Sprinkle Metamucil on your baked potato.
- Mix Metamucil into your spaghetti sauce.
- And of course, add Metamucil to any beverage of your choosing.
Want to try this yourself? Get a coupon here and try out the Metamucil or Meta Appetite Control and let me know your thoughts.
Meta partnered with bloggers, such as me, to get the word out about its great product benefits. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. Meta believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Meta’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.