Usually when I wake up, I am not hungry at all. I know that is not very good since breakfast is the most important... blah, blah, blah. Anyway, it is very important when it comes to losing weight because if you don't eat then you can get really hungry and you might overeat at lunch. I like the shake because it is easy and light.
Protein right when you wake up can be very beneficial. Protein breaks down quickly and can be easily digested and provide your body with much needed amino acids. I have noticed that by starting my day with this shake, I have felt more energized during the day, and not as tired. That in itself is priceless.
Dr. Oz Fruit Smoothie
- 1 scoop (1/3 cup) Soy or Whey protein.
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil or ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 large ripe banana (or other fruits of your choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple juice concentrate or honey
- 1 teaspoon Psyillium seed husks, (this is fiber)
Peel banana and cut into chunks. Put into blender and add 1 1/2 cup of water and ice as well the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Makes 2 servings. 138 calories per serving.