Puffy eyes can come with a lot of territory. Crying your eyes out, new moms not getting any rest, too much red wine, or your mind racing with all of the things you have to do the next day.
We can wake up looking swollen, exhausted with dark circles, and just plain rough times. We don't need the whole world to know, and we definitely don't want to have to hear it from anyone, "Oh, you look so tired. Not getting much sleep?" You might as well come out and say I look like I have been run over a truck.
There are a few tricks of the trade to de-puff those eyes so we can keep our exhaustion on the inside (tear rolling down cheek,) and no one has to be the wiser.
- Drink a glass of water. Puffiness can come from dehydration and the water will help the swelling go down.
- Wash your face with cool water. Will remove tears and help de-puff eyes.
- If you have time, wrap some ice cubes or frozen vegetables in a towel and place on eyes for 10 min.
- Keep your eye cream or gel in the fridge. Let it sink in for about 10 minutes, then apply your makeup.
- Mix a small amount of your eye cream with your foundation and apply around the eyes.
- Don't use eye-liner since it will accentuate how big and puffy your eyes are. Use eye shadow and mascara to make your eyes seem open.
Image: graur codrin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net