Thursday, April 7, 2011
23 Tips You Should Learn About Dryer Sheets
There is probably a little box in your laundry room that can do so many more things than just freshen your laundry, that you may, or may not know about. I know that I will be doing a few of these things today, that I never even knew I could. These are some fantastic money and time saving tips. Who knew this little sheet could be so versatile?
1. If you have a problem with ants, or see them around the house in the summer months, place a dryer sheet where you see them. It will chase them too.
2. If you need to deodorize your sneakers, place a dryer sheet inside each shoe overnight, or when you are not wearing them.
3. If you don't want to buy one of those car air-fresheners, ( I am sensitive to smells and I think they all stink!) Place a dryer sheet under your front seat and it will freshen without being too strong.
4. Remove dust and static electricity from your television. Dryer sheets are made to eliminate static cling from your clothes so it will help prevent dust from re-settling. Wipe your screen with a used dryer sheet. This is also perfect for your computer screen.
5. Place a sheet in between some pages of some books, or photo albums that don't get opened too often. It will take the odor out.
6. Waste baskets don't need old smells lingering with new garbage smells. Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your waste basket to help odors.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors and faucets. Clean with sheet. I have actually done this, and my faucets came out sparkling!
8. If you want to enjoy your BBQ mosquito free this summer, place a dryer sheet on the table and through your belt loop because it repels mosquito.
9. Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of laundry basket to keep odors from smelling up your bedroom.
10. Collect pet hair. Rubbing an area with the dryer sheet will attract and attract the loose hairs.
11. Freshen the air in your room without buying expensive air fresheners. Place sheet in drawer or hang in closet.
12. Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with dryer sheet to prevent dust from resettling.
13. Clean hard baked-on foods from cooking pan. Put a dryer sheet in the pan, fill with water and let sit overnight. Particles will be easily removed. The anti-static agent weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet before beginning to sew.
15. Keep suitcases musty free. Place sheet in suitcase before zipping up and putting away until your next vacation.
16. Wipe up saw dust from drilling or sandpapering. A used dryer sheet will collect the dust like a tack cloth.
17. To keep bees away place a dryer sheet in your back pocket. Perfect for a day out golfing.
18. If you brush your hair and it is just standing straight out then stroke your hair with the sheet to get it to calm down.
19. If you find gum or a sticky adhesive in your dryer, wet a dryer sheet and use to scrub off sticky residue. It will loosen the stickiness without damaging the interior of your dryer.
20. Remove dead insects from off your car window and grill. Wet the sheet and scrub. It is abrasive enough to get rid of the bugs, without damaging the paint or finish.
21. Place a used dryer sheet in the bag of your vacuum to put a fresh smell throughout your house.
22. If your scissors are not as sharp as you would like them to be, wipe the blades with a dryer sheet and see how much sharper they can be!
23. If you need to get paint off of your paint brushes, place them in warm water with a dryer sheet and watch the paint come off each bristle.