8 Ways to Use Lemon For Beautiful Skin

8 Ways To Use Lemon for Beautiful Skin

Lemon is an amazing fruit. It is good for you on the inside and out. I had no idea that lemon could do so many great things to make my skin look and feel better. Check out these 8 ways lemon is truly a miracle fruit.

Fade age spots – Just apply straight lemon to the areas before bed and wash off in the morning with cool water. After a week or two, the lemon will have cleansed the skin and lighten the color. If you want an all over body treatment, just add 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice to your bath and soak for 20 minutes.

For brighter, softer skin use fresh lemon juice on any area of your body, including the knees, elbows, and face to brighten up and soften your skin.

Get Rid of Blackheads If you rub lemon juice on the area with your blackheads, it should make them disappear. Do this every night and rinse with cool water in the morning until blackheads are gone.

Make a moisturizing mask for dry skin by mixing equal amounts of honey, lemon and olive oil. Apply the mixture to dry areas on the skin and allow it to dry thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

As a toner for oily skin, combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons vodka, 1 tablespoon distilled water, and 1 teaspoon witch hazel. Apply with cotton balls and rinse with cool water. If you store in the refrigerator, it should last up to a week.

To exfoliate dead skin cells rub a cut lemon dipped into a half-teaspoon of sugar over your face for a few minutes, or create a mild mixture by using lemon juice, sugar and a small amount of water. Do this once a week to help remove dead skin cells and refresh your skin.

To make a lemon anti-wrinkle mask mix a teaspoon of honey, a few drops of lemon juice and a drop of sweet almond oil. Apply this mixture on the face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes and wash off.

If your skin is sensitive to the citric acid in lemons, you can dilute the juice with some water. Using a cotton ball to apply is the best way. Try not to use lemon juice on your skin before any sun exposure since it will make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

42 thoughts on “8 Ways to Use Lemon For Beautiful Skin

1. Calamity Kate

I love lemons and use them in cooking and baking all the time. I have never used lemon on my skin, what a great natural treatment. I am going to go take a lemon bath today. Thanks for sharing, Kate

1. Anonymous

Lemons have worked better than any cream for fading age spots and after a week of use your skin takes on a better appearance.

2. Anonymous

For my breakots I like to soak one cotton ball or pad with one lemon’s juice. Then I put some sugar onto the cotton and scrub this on my face. IT works great and smells like lemonade :)

3. Anonymous

Love, love, love lemons!! One of the most beautiful, clean, happy scents in the world.
    Thanks for this great post. I’m adding extra lemons to my shopping list this week to try out some of your tips.
    Just one small point; depending on your skin type you might not want to exfoliate every night. Over exfoliation can actually damage skin and even age skin prematurely. I think the general rule is no more than once a week but I could be wrong.

4. My Thirty Spot

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for commenting and your kind words. I agree with you about not exfoliating every night. Besides, who has time to do that scrub every night? I am going to update because I have learned over the year since writing this, that yes, you do not, and should not exfoliate every night.

Thanks again!

xoxo

5. Helen Vong

Great post! I started buying lemons regularly last year and putting them in my water. Never thought of using them for blackheads. Will try that tonight. Loving your blog!

6. Anonymous

Lemon water is great to drink in the morning – heat up 2 cups of water, squeeze juice from half of a lemon into the water, and enjoy! It really wakes you up and is good for digestion and your kidneys (detox!). After I get the juice out, I simply rub the lemon over my face and let it sit for 10 minutes while I do little things around the house. I’ve noticed fewer breakouts and brighter, glowing skin.

7. Jessica

Nice tips, if anyone is interested in learning about why & how lemon juice can help with acne, checkout this other great article at http://acne-pimples.net/ called “Lemon Juice for Acne: A Natural Treatment”

Goes into a little more depth about what’s inside lemons that makes it such a great natural treatment, enjoy!

8. Anonymous

Nature provides us with lots of things to keep us healthy lemons are great on skin & with hot water as a morning drink !

9. shell

Witch hazel is a toner in itself. Dont think putting alcohol(vodka) on your skin is such a bright idea. Love the rest of the uses though.

10. Aaron Martinez

I too am an avid lover of the natural remedies of lemon!
    This little fruit has done wonders for my skin!
    I enjoy the breakdown of your article and look forward to more posts about skin remedies.

Check out my article about the effects of lemon for your skin on my blog:
    motivationinfitness.com/lemon-good-skin/

11. Anonymous

It really works wow!all these expensive stuff I use that are not even worth buying when you can use something natural an cheap.awesome!!!

12. Anonymous

Thank you so much, I’ve been having challenges with my skin. But thank you for tips, will definitely try this…

13. Anonymous

I have been using lemon on my face every morning and I have noticed that it gives my skin a lovely glow it has also lightened my skin (I have pigmentation). I also drink cups of warm water with lemon squeezed into it at least two to three times a day. It really does work, It has also lowered my stress levels.

1. sparkleylemon

Hi. Do you wash off the lemon in the morning or leave it on? I read someone saying lemon is a “photosynthetic in nature” and might darken the skin if left on in the sun but I’m not quite sure if that means if it’s still wet or if it has already dried into the skin or if that’s even true. So you really used it in the morning and it still lightened your skin/spots?

14. Anonymous

Yes true that! I’ve been using this lemon, but i mix with honey for my mask it is really good and i love it! My blackheads and whitehead are gone

15. Michelle

I am going to get a big bottle of pure lemon juice and have a glass of lemon water every day and I am going to try the age spot treatment and blackhead removal as well. I never knew lemon was so amazing! Thanks for the great tips! I am always on the lookout for natural beauty remedies!

16. Anonymous

I drink a glass of lemon water every morning but with cold water, would this make any difference to using hot water!!

17. Anonymous

@sparkleylemon please do make sure you wash the lemon off your skin before going out in the morning else you will have issues with your skin. Lemon juice is to be rubbed at night and let it sit on your skin for about 15- 20 min or all through the night. please do not take it under the sun. with love.

18. Anonymous

Dr. Oz says that vitamin C applied topically is way more beneficial to the skin that taking it orally. All that good vitamin c going on my skin from a lemon!

19. Pingback: Ways to Use Lemon to Clean Your Skin | Health & Natural Living