- For a more pungent sauce: Cook finely chopped garlic in extra-virgin olive oil until just golden. Don't let the garlic brown or the sauce will taste bitter.
- For egg pasta dishes: Reduce the sauce less, as egg pastas will absorb some of the liquid.
- For non-bitter tasting sauce: Make sure when sauteing your garlic to not let it brown.
- For easier eating: Chop all ingredients into even, bite-size pieces or smaller. Pasta is devoured with a fork -- there's no need to add a knife to the mix.
- To make sure all ingredients are cooked throughout: Add sturdier ingredients, like zucchini or eggplant, early on to cook through before adding delicate ingredients, like tomatoes or fish, which will break down if cooked too long.
Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
Easy Tomato Sauce Recipe
Garlic and Oil Sauce Recipe
Easy Cream Sauce Recipe
Meat Sauce Recipe