I have been on a serious Sonic's cherry limeade kick. I try not to have too many because they are full of sugar and calories. So, like any practical adult, I figured that substituting vodka would be a great way to cut some calories and still get my refreshing drink. Since it is Friday, it is the best time to enjoy this cherry limeade with a nice kick. I also lowered the calorie count by using club soda, but you can you sprite if you prefer.
Cherry Limeade Martini
- 2 ounces cherry vodka (I love Three Olives Cherry)
- 2 ounces club soda or sprite
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, or juice from concentrate
- 1/2 ounce grenadine (or cherry juice or Maraschino juice)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake until chilled. Oh yea, and that is sugar on the rim. That is optional, but why would you not do that? Just put some water on a plate and turn your glass upside down to get the rim wet. Then on another plate have your sugar and dip the rim of your glass on the plate with sugar and it will stick.