I love bruschetta I always order it when I am out at an Italian restaurant. They always taste different t me which is surprising since it is just a few spices and tomatoes on some bread. However, I have never had better bruschetta than my own. I think it is because most places don't use a half a stick of butter to toast their bread. I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes. So buttery, crunchy and delicious. You can't go wrong with butter.
Butter in the pan. Easy peasy.
Soak each side of your bread in the melted butter and toast on each side until golden brown.
Set aside to cool.
Slice up your cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella into quarters or bite-sized pieces.
Add all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix. Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Scoop and place on top of cooled bread.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pint Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt And pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. dried basil flakes (fresh if you can find it.)
- 1 - 2 dashes garlic powder (to taste)
- 4 slices (1-inch thick) sourdough or Italian bread
- 8 Tablespoons Butter