This is a sponsored post from Walmart Grocery. All opinions are my own.
Listen up people, like legit listen to this. I have an announcement for a life changing discovery. If you are busy, which I know you are, you will be thanking me after you read this post and sending me praises after you use it. This means you, moms, dads, full time worker, part-time workers, working too late, working all the time, never have the time. All of you.
Walmart has the latest thing to make your life easier. Walmart Grocery gets that all of us don’t have a lot of time on our hands to spend at the grocery store. Or, if you’re a mom like me, taking your kid(s) to the grocery store is not the easiest task, and in fact can double your time you had planned to be there.
I work full time at home, I’m a mom and balancing the two can be difficult to find the time to do much of anything. So this service is definitely a game changer.
I have a Thanksgiving party to go to this weekend and I was asked to bring a dish. I did all my research and wanted to find something that was delicious and that I thought everyone would love. For me, that means something sweet. I settled on a Marshmallow Praline Sweet Potato Pie. I wrote my list and planned on the time I would be able to make the pie in between baby naps, getting my work done and somehow get those little things done like eating and showering. Maybe I could cut out the shower for one day and that would free up some time. Or grab a protein shake for lunch rather than eating. That could free up some time. Or, the best thing ever, I could buy all my ingredients online through Walmart Grocery and just go pick them up!
Yes! I put all the ingredients I need in my online shopping cart, I choose the time I want to go pick up my groceries, the Walmart team shops for me and I go and pick it up and I’m on my way! Do you know how much time I can save every week by just shopping online and going to pick it up? Seriously. Now I can actually eat some lunch and bake my pie for the party this weekend.
This new system saves me time and money. I know exactly what I need to buy or if I am on a budget, I buy what I need and I will know exactly what the cost will be before I purchase so I can stay budget. If I go over my budget a bit, I can go back and remove any unwanted items. I don’t have to worry about any unnecessary purchases, like shopping when I’m hungry!
Walmart Grocery also has an app. This is perfect because I can check in when I am about to leave to go get my groceries and it lets Walmart know to get my order together so it will be ready when I drive up.
The Walmart employee named Lance was the nicest guy. He loaded all of my groceries for me in my car and also checked my eggs to make sure I didn’t have any broken ones. He said that it is Walmart’s service to make sure we get the same experience of products as if we were shopping ourselves. I was literally in and out of Walmart in less than five minutes.
So with all those ingredients, I made my pie, and you can too. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- 1 3/4 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake piecrust according to package directions. I would take it out when it is just about to brown, because it will cook a lot during the baking of the pie.
- While the piecrust is in the oven, whisk together the sweet potato, brown sugar, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Pour the filling into the piecrust. Bake in the oven for 30 min. While the pie is cooking, you can make your praline topping and whipped cream.
- After the 30 minutes of cooking, remove pie and top with praline topping. Return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Or until the marshmallows have browned.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and use a fork until well blended.
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer until stiff peaks. About 3 minutes. For better whipped cream, try mixing in a metal bowl that you put in the freezer for 15 minutes prior.
Try this #timesaver experience for yourself and check out more details here.