Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Baking Soda Detox Bath for Your Skin and Body
The wonders of baking soda. There are so many ways to use the stuff, from baking to health and beauty uses. I had never heard of using baking soda as a detox bath, but it makes sense. I have always just used Epsom salt, but the powers of baking soda and how it can maintain pH balance because it neutralizes acidic and alkaline substances are not to be matched. It also rids the body of odor and cleanses the skin.
Add Epsom salt, and you have a really great detox bath that can cleanse your pores of impurities. This is a great skin cleanse that you can do once a week. If your skin can tolerate it, you can take up to three baths a week.
Baking Soda Detox Bath
2 cups baking soda
2 cups sea salt
1 cup Epsom salt
Jar with lid
1. Wash your body with soap and water. Use a loofah to exfoliate your skin.
2. Fill your bathtub with enough hot water to immerse yourself from the neck down.
3. Combine the baking soda and salts in a glass jar. Put on the lid, and shake well to blend the ingredients.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture from the jar into your bath. Stir the powder with your hand to mix it into the bath water.
5. Soak in the detox bath for 5 minutes to start. Each time you take a detox bath, you can increase your soaking time by 5 minutes until you reach 30 minutes.
6. Drain the tub and rinse your body in clean water to wash away toxins and residue.