Wrinkles, ugh, no thanks. I wish I knew the magic potion that kept them away for good, but now that we are in our 30s, it is the time they start rearing their ugly heads. However, there is many ways to keep them at bay, or even begin to make them not look as noticeable.
Here are 17 ways you can start preventing wrinkles today:
1. Stay out of the Sun and Tanning bed – it is the #1 cause of wrinkles and premature aging.
2. Wear Sunscreen – Prevents those wrinkles and skin cancer.
3. Wash your face before bed – This is one of the most important. Here are 5 Reasons Why You Must Wash Your Face Before Bed.
4. But don’t over wash your face – Dermatologists have found that tap water strips your skin of natural oils and barriers that help to prevent wrinkles.
5. Soap. When washing your face, make sure you don’t use soap. Use a cleanser so you don’t strip your skin’s natural moisture.
6. Get enough Sleep – When you don’t get enough sleep, your body produce cortisol, which can break down skin cells. More sleep produces HGH (human growth hormone) which helps skin remain thick and more elastic.
7. Sleep position – If possible, try to sleep on your back to avoid sleep lines that can etch in your skin over time.
8. Change your Pillowcase – Here is more info on that – Pillow Cases for Anti-aging.
10. Eat More Fish – Fish is a great source of protein which is great for your skin. It also has fatty acid omega-3 which nourishes the skin and keeps it plump and youthful.
11. Eat more Tomatoes – They are a great source of lycopene which is a natural ingredient for beautiful, healthy and youthful skin. Also offers natural UV protection.
12. Keep it Moisturized – Keeping your skin moist will help lines and creases not be as noticeable.
13. Eat more fruits and vegetables – Important for their antioxidant compounds. The compounds fight damage by free radicals and help skin look younger and fresh.
14. Try not to drink from straws – Here is more info on that: Stop Drinking From Straws!
15. Use Alpha Hydroxy Acids – these natural fruit acids help to lift the dead layer of skin cells, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes. New studies shows that AHA in higher concentration may actually stimulate collagen production. Here are two good options to buy:
16. Using Retinol and Retin A – the only fda approved topical treatment for wrinkles is tretinoin. This cream reduced fine lines, large wrinkles and repairs sun damage. A natural form of vitamin A. Look for products formulated with at least 0.1% of retinol and packed in aluminum tubes (air and light can degrade the formula, reducing effectiveness.)
17. Topical Vitamin C – Studies have show to increase collagen production, protects against UVA and UVB rays, corrects pigmentation problems, improve inflammatory problems, improve inflammatory skin issues. When shopping, use L-ascorbic acid form.