I have had some vodka in my freezer for some time now, and since the last time we brought it out it didn’t end in the best circumstances, it has not been touched in a while. So what do I do with it now since I cringe at the sight of it? Here are 21 alternate ways to use it so it does not go to waste. At least until I am ready to have it in a cocktail again.
1. With a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent or toner to cleanse the skin, tighten pores, and dries out oily skin.
2. Pour 1/2 cup vodka and 1/2 cup water in a freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, reusable ice pack for aches, pains, and pulled muscles.
3. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate pain from a jellyfish sting.
4. To remove remnants of stickers or remove a band-aid, saturate with vodka and it will dissolve the adhesive.
5. To reduce a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back.
6. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let sit 5 minutes and rinse. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
7. Add a shot of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, helps with dandruff, removes toxins and build-up from hair and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the poison oil from your skin.
9. Clean eyeglasses with soft cloth dampened with vodka to clean and kill germs.
10. Make a foot bath with equal parts water and vodka to clean odor from feet.
11. To numb the pain of an aching tooth, swish a shot of vodka and allow gums to absorb some alcohol.
12. Remove weeds by filling a spray bottle with an ounce of vodka, several drops of liquid dish soap, and two cups of water. On a sunny day, spray weeds with the solution until dripping wet.
13. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting it soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
14. To prolong the life of fresh flowers, snip an inch off each stem. Add 2 teaspoons of vodka and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir in water and repeat every few days.
15. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, blot dry.
16. To help dry out and heal a cold sore, apply vodka with a cotton swab.
17. Fill a spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
19. If blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin to numb the pain and disinfect.
20. To treat an earache, put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let sit for a few minutes, then drain. Vodka will kill the bacteria causing pain in your ear.
21. To remove odors and foul smells, add ¼ cup vodka and ¾ cup water to a spray bottle. Spray area and let dry and it will not leave a scent.