I love Dr. Oz. I think all of his medical tips and facts are fascinating. I DVR him everyday, but sometimes it is hard for me to watch them all. I try to watch them every so often and last night I watched one that aired about 2 weeks ago. I was mesmerized with what I saw. You might watch Dr. Oz and already know what I am talking about, but if not, I wanted to share what I saw because I can’t stop thinking about it.
Dr. Oz had a guest who says you can lose 20 pounds in 30 days with his tested methods. His name is Tim Ferriss, and the name of his book is called ‘4-hour-body.’
Tim states that he has tested his weight loss (new science-backed research) tips for over 10 years to see what works the best, and has worked with medical doctors that can prove his points.
I thought I would share some of his tips that were on the show because everyone loves weight loss tips (avoid these 4 mistakes), and some of them seem crazy, but hey if they work, then why shouldn’t everyone know them?
They seem so easy I don’t know if they would work, but I would be willing to give them a try.
Tim uses a method called ice therapy. It is suppose to make your cells work harder when they are cold so in turn it burns more calories when in motion. Some of these methods.
- 500 ML (16.9 oz.) ice water when you first wake up.
- Cold shower in the A.M.
- Ice pack on the neck or back of your neck for 30 min while watching t.v to activate fat burning.
- If you want to really get into it, Tim suggests an ice bath for 10 minutes, 3 times a week.
Tim suggests eating a lower carb diet (avoid these 4 diet mistakes) with a lot of protein.
- 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up to activate fat burning cells. Can be eaten by eggs, or meats or even a protein shake.
- Drink grapefruit juice before your cheat meal because it opens your muscle receptors, and keeps your blood level even. Dr. Oz said he was surprised by this one, but he totally agrees with it after his team did their own research.
- Within an hour of the cheat meal, do 30-60 squats to get your blood flowing through your muscles so the fat will be burned and not stored.