According to MSN Health & Fitness, researchers say the key nutrients in certain foods will help you look younger. My only complaint is I don’t seem to see nachos and beer on this list.
1. Blood oranges. These fruits are full of antioxidants which decrease aging, increase collagen production and thicken the skin.
2. Shellfish. The fatty acids in shellfish nourish the skin, help maintain skin integrity and keep skin cells performing optimally.
3. Dandelion, turnip and mustard greens. Eating these slightly bitter greens has been shown to lessen your sweet tooth.
4. Oregano, thyme and parsley. If you have puffy bags under your eyes in the morning, you are likely consuming too much sodium. Instead of salt, season your meals with herbs and spices such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley and garlic.
5. Crunchy vegetables. Celery, carrots, string beans and cauliflower contain cellulose, which helps scrub stains from your teeth — giving you a whiter, brighter smile.
6. Almond milk. Doctors say almond milk is a nutritious dairy alternative because of its high levels of magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, vitamin E, selenium and calcium. It’s natural fatty acids will keep your mind sharp, your immune system strong and your skin glowing.