With this harsh winter we have experienced, and for some, still experiencing, we could all use a little love for our dry skin, hair and even eyes. This winter and all the cold, and dry air can cause havoc on your hair, skin and eyes. It is important that we take the important steps to keep them healthy and looking great all year long.
Three experts in their field have shared their best tips to keep their clients in the best health they can while looking great, and I am excited to share their tips with you!
For dry hair:
Patrick Melville of the famed Patrick Melville salon in NYC says…
- In the cold months hair tends to get a little flatter. Shampoo and condition with Nourish+ Moisturize Shampoo and Conditioner, and after styling use the AVEENO® Pure Renewal® Dry Shampoo to create texture that will last.
- After the hot summer, it’s normal to want to cut off those frizzy ends. Shampoo and condition hair with AVEENO® Nourish+Strengthen to restore vitality, elasticity and replenish lost moisture.
For dry skin:
Dr. Debra Jaliman, Author, Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist says…
- Moisturize your body and face while your skin is still damp from the bath and shower.
- In over-the-counter moisturizers or lotions, look for these ingredients: humectants, such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin; lipids, such as ceramides; and emollients, such as lanolin and propylene glycol.
For dry eyes:
Dr. Resnick, an optometrist says…
- During the winter months the most common complaint among my patients is dry, irritated eyes which is influenced by the decrease in humidity, forced air heating and time spent in front of computer screens. These all contribute to rapid evaporation of the tear film.
- To help preserve a healthy tear layer and reduce sensation of dryness I recommend oil based artificial tears, warm moist compresses and frequent breaks from computer use. Investing in a room humidifier and avoiding direct exposure to heat vents and dust are also helpful.
- If contact lens wear is the problem, I recommend talking to your doctor about switching to a contact lens that provides moisture to the eye like ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses, which use HYDRACLEAR® technology to embed a moisture-rich wetting agent into the contact lens. The result is a more wettable lens that provides all-day comfort.