This is a sponsored post from Mirum. All opinion is my own.
April shower bring May flowers, which means, we can (hopefully) say goodbye to the snow and hello to some warm weather. That means it’s time to freshen up your beauty routine and get ready for spring.
- Go through all your beauty products and check the expiration dates. These dates are shorter than you would expect. It can cause some irritation to your skin if you are using makeup or skincare products in which they’re past their prime.
- Get a new SPF. Again, you don’t want your sunscreen to lose potency from one year to the next. It is critical that you use it daily in the sun (and the winter too for that matter) but make sure you have a new bottle fresh for the season.
- Reorganize. As you are going through all your expirations for your products, throw away any product you haven’t used in a year. If you have gone through all four seasons and not used a product, it isn’t likely you will and it it just taking up good space for some new trends.
- Clean those brushes. You would not believe the gunk and bacteria that build up with brushes that don’t get washed on the regular.
- Update your moisturizer. You need separate moisturizers from winter to summer. Your winter moisturizer may be too thick and rich for summer. Get something lightweight and hydrating that will work well with the warm summer months.
- Wash your hair brush. It is important to get all the hair product build up off your brush. Deep-cleaning every few weeks by soaking the brush in one part apple-cider vinegar to two parts warm water. Rinse it with warm water for a few minutes and let it dry overnight.
- Change up your shampoo and try some new and enriching brands for spring. I have just tried TRESemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Shampoo (Coconut and Aloe Vera,) Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo.
Changing up your shampoo can really up your hair game. Your hair can get used to one type of shampoo and start to look dull and drab. TRESemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Shampoo (Coconut and Aloe Vera) is perfect for spring.
- Features a botanical blend of coconut milk and aloe vera
- Gently cleanses while smoothing and nourishing hair
- Leaves hair feeling moisturized and beautifully soft
- Paraben free, dye free, silicone free shampoo
I have also been mixing it up with Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo because my hair has had a bit of damage from all the styling and winter months.
- Gently cleanses and penetrates the hair fiber, starting the Keraphix damage healing process
- Infused with an exclusive PROTEINFUSION blend with Keratin Protein and Black Rice
- Salon quality shampoo is the first step to help heal visible signs of severe hair damage
- After one use, hair is stronger and visibly healthier when used with the full Keraphix system
But I have also getting my skin ready for spring with the newest Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, Cocoa Radiant.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion made with cocoa butter moisturizes to heal dry, dull skin to reveal its natural glow
- Clinically proven to keep dry skin healed for 3 weeks (Proven after 4 weeks daily use in a clinical study)
- Locks in moisture deep down and helps to relieve dry skin, particularly on areas prone to dryness like the elbows, knees, and heels
Now, you don’t want to miss a deal right? Head over to your local Vons/Pavilions, Albertsons or Jewel-Osco to grab your favorite Unilever Personal Care brands and when you spend $30 on participating brands of Unilever, you’ll receive a $10 digital reward of your choice (A Visa Rewards Virtual gift card or a FandangoNOW reward.)
Just take a photo of your receipt and upload it to TakeANewLook.com to receive your $10 reward. Easy peasy. Purchases must be made between 3/1/2018 and 5/31/2018.
While you’re there, you can also enter the weekly sweepstakes. One weekly winner will be chosen at random and receive a $400 prize pack.