|Day 1 Lunch: Chicken Pot Pit – Heavenly|
|Strawberry Shortcake: 1 of 2 desserts for my day|
|Meeting new friends at lunch with a surprise gift!|
- “Pinterest is the most beautiful place to discover things you love.”
- “Design is fundamental to the way think about the quality of a product.”
- “Pinterest is by invitation so that you’re already connected to a user to build a strong positive community.”
- “Articulate what you love on Pinterest then get out there and live it.”
The second key note speaker was Gretchen Rubin who wrote the book on “The Happiness Project.” I don’t know where I have been, apparently under a rock, but I had never heard of this book, but it needs to be on my must-have list of books to read for 2012. Gretchen said that she had an epiphany a few years ago and asked herself what she wanted from life, and all she wanted was to be happy, so she went on a journey to find out how to do that, and now has a best-selling book.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from her talk:
- “The days are long but the years are short.”
- “If you get rid of it, you don’t have to organize it!”
- “To achieve happiness you have to get enough sleep!”
- ”One of the best ways to be happy in life is to make other people happy.”
Is it an accident that most of the pictures I thought were most important are food? Nah.
I learned so much, and I can’t wait to take my blog to the next level and I can’t wait to share it with you. I am going to add a lot more of me to my blog and get more personal. I hope you will enjoy the journey I am ready to take and move to the next level.
I met so many amazing people and this is on my list for Must-Go for 2013. If you have not attended this conference yet, I highly recommend, and this is coming from a non-designer.
Mary Hone says
I went to Alt last year and loved every minute. I learned so much, I was a real rookie when I went. I missed it this year, which was really frustrating because I live 60 miles from SLC. I listened in on twitter though, and took notes.(is that lame) Come hell or high water I’m going back next year. And yes, The Grand America is fabulous!!