November and December hold the promise of lots of holiday parties, and with those come plenty of photo ops. If you’re thinking about how you can look fabulous in photos, you might just be considering adding false eyelashes to your makeup repertoire. But for many women considering false eyelashes for the first time, the prospect of using them can be daunting. After all, you want people thinking about how great you look and not zeroed in on an obvious set of false lashes!
Here are a few tips and tricks to easing into false eyelashes:
- Curl your natural lashes and apply mascara. Do this before applying your false lashes!
- Use “trio” lashes. Rather than using full sets of lashes that span the entire width of your eye, trio lashes can be applied just at the outer corners. Choose a length that blends in with your natural lash length easily – they may be a little longer, but not obviously so. Remember, the key here is to look natural so you’ll feel comfortable. Trio lashes will make your lashes look thicker and longer just by enhancing the outer edges of your eyes.
- Use glue sparingly. I recommend using Duo glue because it lasts. Squeeze a little bit onto the tip of your finger and quickly dip the very end of the false lashes into the glue. Wait about 10 seconds before applying the false lashes to your lash line.
- Apply more eyeliner than usual. By creating a slightly thicker line, you’ll mask any inconsistencies between your natural lashes and the false ones. We don’t recommend going overboard, but since makeup tends to disappear on camera anyway, a little extra eyeliner will help your eyes to stand out even more.
- Ditch the eyelash placement tools. Especially if you’re using trio lashes. Instead, use your fingers or tweezers to place the false eyelashes as close as possible to your natural lash line. Be careful if you’re using tweezers – the last thing you want is to poke yourself in the eye. Remember, if you don’t like the placement of the lashes, you can always take them off and start over!
- Be confident. At first, you might think everyone is looking at your eyelashes. Unless you’re wearing wacky ones made of feathers and glitter, they probably aren’t. If you catch someone staring, they’re probably just thinking that you look even more amazing than usual!
Blog: www.Frock Files.com