It is hot in the Southwest. I think it is the only place in the country that is hot. It makes me want to have a avoid these 4 diet mistakes)-tonight-skinny.html”>skinny margarita, guacamole, chips and salsa, and lay out by the pool. It is spring so maybe bringing some of that inside the house will help you get ready for spring, if it ever decides to come out in the East coast.
Here is a recipe that won the 2010 California Avocado Best Guacamole Contest for Best Tasting! It was made by David Vaughan.
- 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 3 limes, juice only
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. cumin
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1 Serrano chile, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Mix all ingredients together.
If you want to keep your guacamole fresh and from turning brown do these steps.
- Put plastic wrap over it and keep in an air tight container. Oxygen and guac do not mix!
- Add some lemon to keep it acidic but doesn’t change the flavor too much. Lemon or lime works best.
- Keep the big seed in the center of the guacamole.
- An alternative to plastic wrap is to place piece of white bread on top.
Thanks to Avocado.org
Leave a Reply