I don’t know about you gals, but I don’t believe that fake eyelashes really become popular until we were in our late 20’s or into our 30’s already. I have tried them a couple of times, but it always seems to be a little difficult. I decided to look to a 20-year-old to find out the tips to make them look right, and not feel as though they will be sticking me in the eye all day.
Are you a pro at putting fake lashes on? Or, do you need help like me?
Here are her main tips:
- Before glue, place the fake eyelashes on your own lashes to make sure they are a good length and not poking you in the eye. If you need to trim them, trim from the outside in with small scissors.
- Use eyeliner on your eyelid first (liquid works best) so in case there are any parts that did not glue onto your eyelid, it will not be noticeable.
- Apply mascara before the lashes. If you put mascara on the fake lashes you can’t really use them again.
- Use the eyelash glue like a palette. She uses the back of her tweezers and paints the fake lashes and make sure it is coated, especially the ends. Wait a minute or 2 so the glue is a tacky consistency.
- Apply and look down. Use your fingers or tweezers. Push the ends in. If you don’t get it right the first time, that is okay, it might take a couple tries. Use your tweezers to push it in and down.
- Go over the band again with the liner. It will cover the glue and make it look as though they are more natural.
- When you take them off, pull them slowly from the ends. Pick off the glue and you should be able to wear them 4-5 times.