Applying fake eyelashes can seem simple, but for some it may not be, and there may be some of you that have never glued fake eyelashes on before.
There may come a time that you have a big event and you want your eyes to pop. The last thing you want to deal with is crooked eye-lashes, or putting them on and having them not feel right. There are steps that need to be taken to assure a beautiful looking eye and proper placement.
This video is a great step-by-step from Katrina Szish from InStyle Magazine. Katrina even gives advice on the best disposable eyelashes that you can get at the drugstore for under $5.
Some of the important tips:
- Be careful when removing lashes from case.
- Make sure the lashes are not too long for your eye by placing on eye before gluing. You can clip a little at the end . You don’t want the lashes to feel uncomfortable on your eyes all night.
- Only work with one eyelash at a time so you don’t get confused. There is a left for the left eye and a right for the right eye, just like a pair of shoes.
- Start at one end and carefully add the glue to your lash line of the fake lashes. You can hold the lashes with your fingers or a pair of tweezers.
- Try to wait for 30 seconds to let some of the glue get a little tacky.
- Katrina says to wear them once and throw them away, but I have had success wearing them two or three times. Even E.L.F brand and they only cost $1!
- Place your eyelashes on your lid and line them up with your own lash line.
- Katrina uses the glue tube end to place the lashes against your lid, but I recommend using the end of your tweezers. You will have a lot better hold and movement with that.