You can create a glam pony easily with just a few steps and a little hair product.
To achieve the most fabulous glam pony, it all starts with the volume on your crown. It’s all about the height with the glam pony.
1. Start by pulling your bangs or 1/2 an inch of hair from your forehead upward and back-tease the roots.
2. Brush your hair into the ponytail high up on your head, but don’t include the bang area. Pull the bang area back with your fingers. You don’t want your brush to flatten your poof. Pull up your hair with your hands into a ponytail at the crown of your head.
3. Insert the long end of the comb into the area between the bangs and the ponytail; pull the hair upward and spray the poof with hairspray to secure. This will add additional height.
4. Place the elastic hair band around the ponytail once. Before you tighten the elastic hair band, pull out a small section of hair — about 1/2-inch thick — from the underside of the ponytail. Finish tightening the hair band around the hair by wrapping the band around it as many times as needed, leaving that small section out.
5. Take the small section and wrap it around the ponytail once or twice to cover the hair band. Finish wrapping it on the underside of the ponytail and tuck the section into the hair band to secure it. Arrange the ponytail, making sure the section of hair blends in with the rest of the ponytail.
6. Use a toothbrush sprayed with hair spray and brush out the flyways for smooth finish.
7. Twist the ends of your pony in a large curling iron for a slight wave and bounce. Lightly spray with hairspray.
Deanna Kozarov says
Great post! I would definitely rock the glam ponytail. Leaving your hair down with curls,etc can get old. Thanks for the tutorial! :-)
Another great tool in taming flyaways: those mascara/eyebrows brushes.