When going out on a special evening, or you just want to bring attention to your lips, you might want to go with a stunning bright red color to help make them pop. Red color is back in style and sometimes that is all that you need. However, we have all experienced the issues that come with a pretty red, the dreaded bleeding and fading. Here are some tips to help avoid those issues and keep your lips red and rosy all night long.1. Use disposable mascara wand, or tooth brush and brush your lips. This is to get an even smooth surface.
2. Exfoliating your lips is important for removing excess oils and dead skin. The best exfoliation treatment is to apply Vaseline and let it sit for 5 min and use the toothbrush and use it in a circular motion for at least 1 min.
3. Create a base for your lip product. This can be done in several ways. When putting on foundation, make sure to apply it over your lips as well or use concealer to prime your lips. This works especially well when using a nude lip color.
4. Use a lip liner to create a base by outlining your lips and then filling in the rest of the lip with the liner as well.
5. Apply a clear non glossy lip balm. Followed by your favorite shade of red lipstick straight from the tube.
6. Take an eyeshadow brush, and set the lipstick with a translucent powder by gently brushing over your lips avoiding lines or creasing.
7. Apply one more coat of lipstick using a thin brush to get that perfect, classic, and clean look.
* Another great tip that is used by Hollywood is to take a red flavored Jell-O and mix it with a little water. Apply it to your lips with a Q-tip for a long lasting stain base!