If your hair style of choice is to wear your hair in a pony tail or bun up high on your head then you could be contributing to your own hair loss. I have to admit, while looking up information on this subject it freaked me out so much I pulled my bun out, (my daily look,) right at that moment. I have enough beauty problems to worry about then to have to worry about going bald. My routine of getting out of the shower and keeping my hair up until I get back in the shower the next day needs to stop. Getting ready? Yeah, I miss all the hours I lost in my 20’s just getting ready for work. I can’t believe I woke up 2 hours before work to get totally ready. I wouldn’t be caught dead with my hair not primped and curled. Those days are long gone, hence the pony/bun look I have been rockin as of late. I have even been sleeping with it at times. Well this post has scared me straight.
- Wear your pony lower on your head. No higher than the height of your ears.
- Try a a more elastic rubber band, it will put less stress on your hair and roots.
- Change up your hair style. Even once a week will make a big difference.
- Wearing a loose pony or bun at the nape of your neck will be the least stressful for your hair.
- Once you stop wearing tight pony tails the hair loss will halt and will not be permanent