Sunday morning. I remember too many of those waking up feeling like crap from clubbing, a few years back. Now, that I am in my 30’s, a couple glasses of red wine can also do the trick of not feeling so good. We also don’t have the time we used to, to nurse a hangover all day in bed. We have so much stuff to do now.
It is never a good start waking up by the toilet, having a huge headache, the shakes, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue and chills. Basically, just feeling like total garbage. After all of these years we have figured out what works, and what doesn’t, so we can enjoy the rest of the weekend, rather than be in bed all day. Also, when you are a mom, there is no time out for a hangover.
- Drink lots and lots of water. This is a given. You are extremely dehydrated and need to replenish.
- Beware if coffee. You are already dehydrated and it will just make it worse.
- Coke. Fizz for the nausea and sugar to help replenish your blood sugar. Not too much caffeine but drink with some water to help even it out.
- Emergen-C. I wrote a previous post on why we love this product. It has vitamin C and B that are essential for building back the vitamins and nutrients that was flushed from your system that cause a degree of metabolic shock. If you don’t have Emergen-C, 600mg of vitamin C and a B6 vitamin will work too.
- Honey on toast. The honey helps break down the alcohol in your system and the bread helps soak up any alcohol.
- Glass of milk or chocolate milk. The milk coats the stomach and helps with raising your blood sugar.
- Aspirin or Ibuprofen will help but be careful, I have read over and over not to take it before bed since it can cause some serious stomach bleeding if mixed with alcohol.
Good luck and I hope some of these remedies help.
What are some other remedies that have worked for you?
Drinking LOTS of water will just make you puke.