It seems that when we need our regular beauty products most, they have either gone missing in action, we forgot them when traveling or we just ran out. What is a girl to do when a beauty emergency pokes its head out? It is time to use this guide to see what you have in your pantry that will take care of your problem.
You might be surprised that all the regular household items are already in your house, and what they can be used for to help when you need a quick beauty fix.
1. Using olive oil for remove the eye makeup. Just a touch on a cotton pad can remove eye makeup gently and without stretching or rubbing your sensitive skin area. To remove the oil, use a clean pad with a little water.
2. Out of your favorite pore strips or black head remover? Apply a thin layer of Elmer’s glue, let it dry and peel it off with your dead skin.
3. If you are dealing with a bout of skin redness or inflammation, you can apply a thin layer of full-fat Greek yogurt, gently exfoliate and rinse with cool water. This also works on a pimple to help reduce the redness.
4. It’s the season for self tanner applications. But what do you do when it goes awry? If you need to blend uneven or discolored areas, lemons will be your best solution. Cut a lemon in half and rub those areas and blend. This tip works best on knees, elbows, and feet.
5. A all-natural and at-home exfoliator that works wonders on your skin is coffee grounds. Mix 1 tbs of coffee grounds and 1 tsp. oil (coconut oil works the best.) Rub on your skin and rinse with cool water. It will leave your skin smooth, soft and glowing. This is also a great way to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. You can also use on your lips to remove your dry dead cells so they don’t look dry and cracked when you apply lipstick or gloss.
6. Baby shampoo is an excellent makeup remover. Removing your makeup is of utmost importance. It is so important, I wrote a post yesterday on the 5 Reasons Why You Need to Wash Your Face Every Night. Shampoo will work to cleanse all your makeup off, but baby shampoo is the best because it is so gentle on your skin and still does a great job removing all that gunk.
7. Suddenly walk outside, or get off a plane and your hair is standing every which way but down, have a few dryer sheets in your purse. Cut them up into smaller square, and rub them on your hair for an instant hair tamer. This also works great on pants that stick to your leg because of static electricity. Just rub the dryer sheet under your pants, and no more cling. If you like these tips, here are 23 more tips that dryer sheets can do.
8. Baby powder is a great substitute for dry shampoo. For those times when we need a bit of a pick-me-up on our roots, but did you know that baby powder can also do a pick-me-up to your lashes? If at the end of the day, your lashes look less than awesome, sprinkle a little powder at the roots to give them more oomph.
9. Have your eyebrows gone awry? There are gels and liquids that we can purchase to hold those hairs in place. But what if you slept on your face all night and your eyebrows will not be tamed? A little hairspray sprayed on a Q-tip or eyebrow brush, brush them through and you’re all set.