I love Kate Winslet! I think she is beautiful, classy and a wonderful actress. I also think that she seems so down to earth. It was also just recently announced that she is pregnant with her third child with husband, Ned RocknRoll who is also the nephew of billionaire Richard Branson.
I am super excited for the star and her new pregnancy, but today we are going to talk about Kate’s beauty secrets and routine. From her makeup to her hair and what products she uses.
Kate, 37, is very traditional and classic when it comes to applying her makeup. Kate emphasizes one facial trait at a time. It is either her eyes that get the oomph, or her lips. With Kate, it is more focus on the lips. Kate does not do the smokey eye too often when she walks the red carpet.
“Glamour to me is about remaining graceful and understated. For example, with very bold lip colors, you can’t overdo the rest of your face,” the actress says. “With a bright-red party lipstick, just go with lots of mascara and keep everything else clean. I love Lancôme’s L’Absolu Rouge lipstick, as it lasts. Unless you spend the whole night snogging, you won’t need to reapply it,”
Kate has used a lot of different foundations over the years, and she has discovered that her skin looked more flawless with the mix of two different foundations. She is also careful to use too much powder, as it can show up cakey in the photographs.
“I rarely rely on one foundation – mixing two colors can make a big difference. I never use too much powder, only in the right areas [such as the T-zone]. I have peachy fuzz on my cheeks, so I have to be careful with powder.”
Her makeup needs have changed with her age,
“In my early 20s, I had a much rounder face — puppy fat. Now, in my 30s, it’s more angular, and my makeup needs are different.”
There have been reports that Kate follows a face diet (avoid these 4 diet mistakes) to get it glowing and reduce puffiness before a red carpet event.
She follows this diet (read the research) for a day or two:
- Breakfast: 2 oranges and 2 mandarins.
- Mid-morning: 1 glass of orange with lemon, kiwi or raspberry juice.
- Lunch: 1 piece of watermelon, 1 cup grapes, 1 apple and 1 infusion.
- Snack: 1 grapefruit and 1 mandarin.
- Dinner: 3 slices of pineapple, 3 cookies, 1 banana and 1 infusion.
However, there is one indulgence that she won’t compromise with any artificial stuff that I couldn’t agree with her more about. I love the real stuff.
“How do I treat myself occasionally? By drinking plenty of fat Coke. I rarely drink soda, but when I do, it’s not diet (avoid these 4 diet mistakes), it’s the real stuff.”
Kate is the brand ambassador for Lancome, and although she does use many of their products, she also have a few faves of other brands.
1. Lancôme Trésor Sheer EDT, $62.50
2. AVON Pro-To-Go Lipstick – Cherry Glisten – $8
3. Jillian Dempsey for Avon Eyeshadow Trio in Pebble Wash, $9:
“I leave all my red-carpet prep to [makeup artist] Jillian Dempsey.”
4. Shu Uemura Blotting Papers, $12:
“At the Golden Globes, Jillian said, ‘Stick these in your handbag!’ They’re great when you start to shine — in not a good way.” (One reporter mistook them for her acceptance speeches.)
5. Tracie Martyn Amla Purifying Cleanser, $65:
“Mary-Louise Parker turned me on to Tracie’s facials. During awards season, I see her every couple of weeks — otherwise, I just can’t hold it together. This cleanser takes away redness and swelling from flying — or prosthetics. I went through several bottles on the set of The Reader.”
6. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $20:
“This is my everyday essential.”
7. Serge Lutens Lip Crayon in Nude, $55
8. Lancôme High Résolution Eye, $55:
“It helps reduce puffiness and dark circles. My mum loves it, too.”
9. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra, $40:
“This is light but provides coverage, and once it’s on, it stays on. You have to have that working in films — and in real life.”
10. The Body Shop Lip Butter, $8:
“I’ve grown up with this. I use it on my kids, too.”
- Brush your hair twice a day properly to remove any hair dust.
- Switch to mild shampoos.
- Feed your hair with a lot of vitamins, zinc and iron.
- Never brush your hair when wet.
- Massage your scalp frequently.
- Use hair oil to give nutrition to your hair.
- Cut your hair every three months, between 3 or 4 fingers.
The Grass Skirt Blog says
That’s some pre-red carpet diet she goes on! LOL. I love Kate. She is absolutely stunning, and it is fun to read about some of the things she does to look so great. Thanks for sharing! :)
The Grass Skirt
nishka nachappa says
Kate wouldn’t have needed any of these makeup products during her Titanic days…I pick the round-faced Kate anyday over the current angular version….I wonder if she can find something to conceal her crow’s feet