– If you are making a meal in a pot like stew, soup, etc, add a peeled potato in it and boil for a few minutes. This potato will absorb excessive salt, you can take it out before serving and you can use it for a dish like potato salad, or mashed potatoes.
– To remove onion or galic scent from hands, rub your hands with boiled potato.
– To prevent an egg from cracking while boiling, sprinkle a pinch of salt into the water.
– Don’t waste the water you use for boiling eggs. You can pour it into your flowerpots. Flowers love it!
– To clean the stove when a dish overflows, sprinkle salt on it and wait until cold. Then the stain will easily be removed.
– Soak your potatoes in some milk before frying, so they will absorb less oil.
– Add onion, carrot or leek into the water you will use for boiling pasta. This makes your pasta more delicious.
– Add a few drops of vinegar into the water you use for boiling vegetables so that they keep their color or, transfer the veggies into an ice bath after boiling.
– To store the half cut lemon in refrigerator without drying out, sprinkle a pinch of salt on it.