Driving through the streets of Los Angelas can be…..hmmmm, so many different things. From daunting to boring, to stressful, to just giving you a plain headache.
My husband and I decided that we wanted to take our 3-year-old to Disneyland for the first time. My husband and I have been to Los Angelas before and knew the chaos of driving from one place to another, even short distances and how the freeways are a mess. There is so much traffic, and so many different freeways and exchanges and cars! So many freakin’ cars!
It is a very daunting and overwhelming to try to navigate the city that you’re not familiar with. Especially one of the biggest city’s in the nation. It was super important to me that the vehicle (I was navigating this insane city with) needed to be super. I mean, I had some precious cargo in the back seat. (My husband is pretty important too.)
I needed something that I could feel safe driving, some fantastic technology to help me see the cars around me better and a top-of- the-line navigation to help me find my way around this town.
I was lucky enough to have a wonderful relationship with the lovely people of Chevrolet who gifted me with the chance to drive their brand-new 2019 Chevrolet Blazer. Let me just tell you, when I first laid my eyes on this beauty, I was floored. It was not like my Grandma’s Blazer that she bought in 1995. It was something out of a dream.
Here I am going to touch on my favorite features of the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer and why this car worked so well for me and my family in a city that was pretty hard to navigate.
- Trying to get my way around a sea of cars can be tough, but with the Chevy Blazer’s Lane Change Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Rear Park Assist, it made it a breeze. I knew where traffic was all around me and that meant changing lanes on the freeway, or just cutting across a 6-lane street, I knew Blazer had my back.
- I love a sturdy vehicle, you know the feeling, that it is built good and keeps the tires to the ground. Blazer has twin-clutch AWD system optimizes traction for every condition it encounters with standard active upper grille shutters. So if you live in an area that might be a little less sunny than L.A in the winter, you are in good hands.
- Speaking of living in not so pristine weather area’s, this car comes with heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators and driver-side auto-dimming are standard on RS and Premier. No more having to use your bare hand to wipe off that snow!
- Let’s talk navigation system. This thing was solid gold! It was an 8-inch display that includes Apple Cary Play, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi capabilities. It also includes up to 6 USB ports, so if you have a large family, you can all charge your devices at the same time! No more fighting for power.
- My baby might not be old enough to drive yet, but this is the type of car that you drive until you can hand down to your kid. Once she is old enough, the Blazer had Teen Driver Technology and Advanced Driver Confidence packages with the Surround Vision feature I discussed above.
- With all the tragic stories on the news lately with people forgetting their children in their cars, Chevy has implemented a Rear Seat Reminder to remind drivers to check their back seat before exiting. Love that they are trying to come up with a solution to help.
- Hands-free power programmable lift gate. When you’re on vacation, especially with kids, you have a ton of stuff you’re lugging arond. This was an essential feature for us.
Those were just my favorite features of this stunner. Here are some other fabulous features:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Following Distance Indicator
- Forward Automatic braking
- Rear Back up camera
- Air bags everywhere. I’ve been in a roll-over car accident and the air bags over every area is what saved us from getting injured.
- Keyless entry and start
- Intelligent stop/start
- Nine-speed automatic transmission
- Automatic dual zone climate control with rear vents
- Leather, the beautiful leather on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob made for upmost luxury.
- Panoramic sunroof
- Cargo management system with rail system to lug even more of your family’s stuff for those adventurous vacations.
So, where did the Chevy Blazer take us around town? So many awesome places!
First spot was our favorite restaurant: Houston’s. Creamy Tomato soup, sushi, Thai Noodle Salad, Ribeye steak and the yummiest hot fudge sundae.
Second spot was the beach. It was such a beautiful day and the water was so warm!
Then of course, the grand finale: DisneyLand! It was such a fun time. I LOVE seeing the snacks at Disney on other people’s posts, so that’s what I’m featuring here.
Ate at the Blue Bayou for the first time ever. It was so cool to be at the restaurant that is wrapped in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I got the house salad and Monte Crisco. Yum, yum, yummy!
I hope you enjoyed our Journey to Los Angeles, California and the amazing Chevy Blazer that safety and comfortably got us around this crazy town with ease. If you would like to learn more about this awesome SUV, check it out here.