Thanks to Lindt HELLO for sponsoring today’s post.
“Just go up to her and say Hello,” my mom said to to me when I was four-years-old standing against the wall of the dance studio wearing my pink leotard. I was beyond shy as a little girl, but I wanted so badly to meet the loud and outgoing girl with the bright blonde bob.
I got up the courage to say hello, and lucky for me, Meghan was not a shy girl and took it from there. 30 years later, and we are still best friends. I even moved to AZ to be closer to her, but she ended up moving back to where we are from a few years ago. Now we get by with our weekly phone calls and occasional visits.
I am always so excited when she comes to visit, and I always want her to feel welcome and “at-home” when she is here, hoping to prompt more visits! Meghan is coming to visit in a couple weeks so I put together a “House Guest Basket.” It is a few things she might need when she is here, plus a few extra goodies that I know she will enjoy. The best part of the basket in my opinion is the treats. And this time, I went all out using Lindt Chocolate. They have just come out with a new line of chocolates, “Lindt HELLO Collection.”
This is what I included in my house guest basket:
The ideas are endless as to what you can include in your house guest baskets. Here are a few other ideas you can add to your House Guest Baskets
- Bubble bath gel
- Bottle of wine
- Mini alcohol bottle and mixer
- Bath loofa
- Pillow mist
- Nail polish
- Coffee gift card
- Newspaper or magazine
- Small bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- Bath soap
- Scented or unscented lotions
- Beautiful fabric hangers
- Pen and Paper
- Small alarm clock
- Miniature reading light
- Most importantly, something sweet. I highly recommend Lindt HELLO chocolates.
I loved using Lindt HELLO chocolates because you can enjoy them three different ways. I chose the Lindt HELLO bars for my basket and the Mini Stick Bags. The HELLO bars looked great in the basket, and I could toss the mini sticks throughout the basket and they are a variety of the different flavors. They also come in Lindt HELLO sticks that are great for on-the-go and can slip in your purse for a special afternoon treat. Lindt HELLO chocolates were inspired by desserts with flavors like Caramel Brownie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cookie and Cream and many more!
“It started with HELLO,” and made the best friend a girl could ask for.
Lindt Chocolate is launching an awesome web series, partnering with Ashley Tisdale to co-produce “It Started with HELLO” on the “It Started with HELLO” YouTube page. The first episode, produced by Tisdale, premiered on September 18, 2014.
It is a fun, new romantic comedy digital series capturing couples as they make their first connections, and is inspired by the cheeky personalities of the new Lindt HELLO products. Below you can find the “It Started with HELLO” web-series schedule:
Now it is time for you to taste the deliciousness of Lindt by entering to win some!
THE Lindt HELLO Sweet Connections Sweepstakes!!
Enter the sweepstakes every day for your chance to win* sweet experiences from Lindt Chocolate.
To enter the sweepstakes, visit the Lindt HELLO Sweet Connections Sweepstakes Landing Page and enter your email address. Entries can be made daily for additional chances to win the below prizes.
5 Weeks of Prizes – Connect with Someone You Love, or Someone New!
Week 1: Table for Two (9/10 – 9/16)
• Dinner & a movie with the +1 of your choice!
Week 2: Double the Fun (9/17 – 9/39)
• Say HELLO to a fun double date night + Lindt HELLO chocolate for dessert
Week 3: Girls Just Want to Have Fun (9/24 – 9/30)
• Enjoy a shopping spree with the girls + yummy Lindt HELLO Chocolate!
Week 4: Sweet Staycation (10/1 – 10/7)
• Lindt HELLO treats you to a pampered night in – movies, books + chocolate!
Week 5: Besties Reunion (10/8 – 10/14)
• Reconnect with your bestie at the spa for a day + Lindt HELLO chocolate to sweeten the deal.
* No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years or older (19 in AL or NE and 21 in MS). Void where prohibited. See Rules at for weekly sweepstakes entry periods, prize descriptions, odds and other details. Ends Noon on 10/14/14. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc., One Fine Chocolate Place, Stratham, NH 03885.