It has been one of those days……or week for me. I have been having trouble with my internet going in and out, thus lack of posts for the week, and it is hot. I am not ready for this heat yet. The high today is suppose to be 90 degrees here in Phoenix, and the high this week is suppose to be 95 and I am just not ready for summer!
I am being stubborn and not wanting to put the air conditioner on. I don’t like to turn that bitch on until mid to end of April because the summer months really break the bank when it comes to our electric bill.
So, I am sitting here, hot, cranky, and ready to pull my hair out with my internet connection, so you know what that means? Cocktail time! But because I’m hot, I wanted to share a cocktail popsicle! This will make my life happier! And it is sure to cool me down. I can enjoy this recipe all summer long! I have to give credit where credit is due for this one. Thanks to Endless Simmer for the amaze recipe and picture! It makes me happy just looking at it!
Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins Popsicles
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
6 oz pureed strawberry (about 10 strawberries)
2 oz peach syrup (recipe follows)
12 oz tonic water
2 oz plus 3 oz vodka (divided use)
1. Stir strawberry puree with 2 oz. of vodka. Place three teaspoons of strawberry mixture in the bottom of popsicle form; set aside.
2. Stir peach syrup with tonic water stir to combine. Add vodka and stir to combine.
3. Pour peach and vodka mixture over strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
4. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
(You will have more syrup than you need. Save for other cocktail uses)
½ cup sliced peaches (about 4 medium size peaches)
1 cup water
1 cups sugar
1. Wash, peel, and pit peaches. Place peaches in a blender or food processor and process until peaches are pureed.
2. Place water, sugar and peach puree in a pot and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.