- Prevents Wrinkles Removing your makeup helps to prevent skin inflammation, which can generate free radicals and collagen breakdown that is associated with aging. Bonus, proper removal of lip makeup will protect your lips and keep them from also aging prematurely.
- Dry Out Your Skin – You want to allow your skin to breathe and rejuvenate through the night. Once it can breathe it helps maintain its natural tone and the skin cells are able to repair themselves. Also, if you leave eye makeup on, it can make the skin on your eyelids dry out and thus, look older.
- Smaller Pores – Your pores can appear larger when makeup gets clogged in them. This can also create bacteria in your pores which can cause irritation and acne.
- Natural exfoliation. Washing your face allows the natural exfoliation process of shedding your skin, which will prevent your skin from looking dull. If you also include an exfoliator while washing, it will encourage healthier and glowing skin.
- Remove Chemicals – Most makeup products are full of different types of chemicals. If you let those chemicals stay on your skin for an extended period of time, it just allows them to penetrate and could cause damage in the long run.
- Pour your makeup remover on a Swisspers® Premium Cotton Round and then gently apply it to your skin, face and neck with delicate, gliding strokes.
- Let the remover stay on your skin for a minute or two to allow the makeup to dissolve completely.
- Using a very light touch, use a new clean round wipe to wipe off the makeup remover.
- With a third clean cotton round, moisten with water and use the same gliding strokes to remove any leftover makeup remover.
- Wash and exfoliate your face with your usual facial cleanser along with an exfoliating cotton pad or exfoliating sponge and gently pat dry with a clean, soft towel.
Take your pledge now to sleep makeup free. I made my pledge and I’m sticking with the blondes and staying makeup free! Be sure to come back next week to find out if Danielle or Emily (the blonde or the brunette team) won the Face Off challange.
Check out Sleep Naked