The gorgeous 33-year-old actress, Zoe Saldana, rocks the September cover of Women’s Health Magazine and talks about her beauty faves, how she got her body ready for her upcoming movie ‘Columbiana’ where she plays an assassin, and how she feels about being in her thirties.
Having recently turned 33, Zoe plays it cool about her age saying:
“I’m very accepting with my age. It’s like notches on your belt: experience, wisdom, and a different kind of beauty. There comes a day when you’ve become comfortable in your skin. But God as my witness, I am going to try to do everything I can to keep this ass together for as long as I possibly can-without going against nature.”
Zoe talks about being happy:
Her ideal Sunday afternoon: hitting a movie theater for three films in a row. Friday night might be dinner with friends and a few bottles of wine. “I wouldn’t want to change anything in my life,” she says. “Am I happy? Happiness is nothing but temporary moments here and there—and I love those. But I would be bored out of my mind if I were happy all the time.”
“I get bored really easily. If I didn’t have a trainer to push me, I’d go walk for about 15 minutes. But I love feeling in tune with my body and eating right.”
Zoe’s workout routine with her trainer:
- Zoe began with 30 minutes on the treadmill: five minutes at a comfortable walk, 15 minutes of jogging, then two minutes of running as fast as she could.
- For another challenge, Zoe’s stunt coordinator Garrett Warren would have her walk while doing shoulder presses with two- pound weights.
- Zoe also did 20- to 30-minute sessions on a stair-climber and an upright bike. “She wasn’t allowed to go below 90 rpms on the bike,” says Warren. “The faster you pull your knees up to your chest, the harder a workout your abs get.”
At the moment her workout includes Pilates three times a week.
“It’s the closest thing to dance,” says Zoe.
Zoe munches on lobster ravioli during her interview, and says that she sticks to a diet (avoid these 4 diet mistakes) of moderation- but nothing that resembles a crash diet.
“Sometimes I pig out on pasta, but that’s OK. The next day, I just eat healthy.”
Zoe’s Top 5 Beauty Picks:
1. “I love Laura Mercier foundations. They have this Secret Camouflage that I actually can use on my whole face. I have yellow and olive undertones.”
2. “I love that peach blush and bronzer duo by Lorac because you can combine them and they give you that little glow.”
3. “For mascara, Shu Uemura is so subtle for day. You can apply it really fine. But for nighttime, I like the Maybelline in the pink tube. It’s amazing. You put it on and va-va-voom.”
4. “I like Cetaphil moisturizer. It doesn’t smell like any fragrance. You can buy it in any pharmacy anywhere in the world.”
5. “I was a big fan of lip plumpers. But living out here in Los Angeles, the weather’s so dry and my lips are always chapped, so I just wear Carmex.”