Everyone is scared of the “C” word, but there are some prevention tips that can keep your risk down. Super foods and vitamins are amazing at keeping you healthy. Check out these 5 easy ways to help.
1. Garlic – There have been more than a dozen studies that have confirmed eating 1 clove of garlic daily, or taking a garlic supplement can cut the risk of stomach, colon and bladder cancers by at least 30%. It has also been proven to destroy up to 98% of breast cancer cells on contact. Garlic’s natural ingredients strengthen the immune system and help destroy abnormal cells.
2. Black Pepper – A study states that the ingredient in pepper that gives it that zingy taste, piperine, has shown to quickly kill off abnormal cells. 1/4 tsp. daily should do the trick.
Piperine targets rapidly growing cells with DNA that look out of the ordinary, which is a good indicator that they may be cancerous.
3. Oregano – Just 1 tsp of dried oregano leaves has as many antioxidants as 3 oz. of almonds, 1/2 cup of chopped asparagus, and 30 times more cell protecting antioxidants than blueberries. The main antioxidant in dried oregano is called rosmarinic acid and has also shown to help fight the growth of bacteria.
4. Carrots – Carrots contain carotenoids which provides the orange pigment to them. It is also a powerful antioxidant that can cut your risk up to 70%. You can also get a supplement named “mixed carotenoids.”
5. Pomegranate Juice – Studies have shown from the University of California Riverside, found new evidence that pomegranate juice may help prevent cancer by drinking 4oz. of this juice daily. It contains rich stores of ella-gitannins, a compound that prevents cancer cells from becoming active.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Leading Causes of Death in the U.S.
American Cancer Society: Guidelines on Diet and Cancer Prevention
The Cancer Project: Protective Foods
Health Diaries: Eat This!