So many ways to use epsom salt, here are 19 uses that also includes my gift this year for my mom for Mother’s day. Exfoliant Bath Salts.
- Add a few tbsp of Epson salt to your lawn watering routine, and you will find a greener grass over time.
- Add a few teaspoons of Epsom salt to the water you use to water your plants to encourage healthy plant growth.
- Add Epsom salt to your garden soil to boost growth.
- Sprinkle espom salt in your garden area to keep the slugs away.
- Add a tablespoon of Epsom salt a week to the soil and watch your roses grow.
- Facial exfoliate. Add a little to your facial soap to exfoliate your face and remove dead skin.
- Hair volumizer: Mix equal parts of hair conditioner and Epsom salt and apply to hair. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Make your own hair texture spray by mixing Espom salt and water and placing in a spray bottle. Looking for a beach wavy hair, here is a tutorial on that here: DIY Salt Hair Spritzer.
- To remove a splinter, soak in warm water with epsom salt for easy extraction.
Mix equal parts of dish washing liquid and Epsom salt and use as a scrub on your dirty tile.
- Add a cup of Epsom salt to bath water for a relaxing bath. It will help kids get to sleep as well. Add an essential oil or even better, a lavender oil for the best relaxation.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes to relieve body aches. Great for when you are sore from working out.
- Tired feet are relived by soaking them in hot water and Epsom salt.
- Relieve a sunburn by dissolving 2 tbsp of epsom salt in 1 cup water and spray on affected burn.
- Bug bites can also be relieved with 2 tbsp epsom salt in 1 cup water.
- For a healthy body scrub, mix 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Feel free to add essential oils.
- Soaking in a bath with 1 cup of Espom salt can help relieve your headaches. Or, what works for me is soaking your feet in a bucket with epsom salt and cold compress on neck.
- Mix cold water and Epsom salt together then soak up with a washcloth and apply to bruise.
- Soaking in a tub of hot water and 2 cups of Espom salt for 15 minutes, 3 times a week, can help with overall health. Your body will absorb magnesium and sulfate, two minerals we are normally low in. You can also use epsom salt as part of a detox bath routine!
Here is the tutorial for the Exfoliant Bath Salts.