It’s the holiday season and with all the parties to attend and friends and family we are going to see, we want our skin looking fresh faced and flawless. However, being that it is the middle of winter, it is creating havoc on our sensitive skin. It is time to change our skin routine that may have worked well in the summer and fall, and tweak it so that it our skin will look just as good in the dry, cold winter months.
I have noticed that my skin flakes a lot in the winter months and after a few hours, it really shows through with my foundation. I needed to find a way to make my skin look just as good in the wintertime. I wanted my makeup to look good for hours, smooth and flawless. It starts with a good skin base.
Here are some tips from dermatologist Dr. Erin Gilbert, MD, PhD, FAAD. to have the perfect looking skin in winter.
“The warm and dry air inside and the cold windy air outside make it difficult to maintain equilibrium in your skin’s state of hydration during the winter. I have some simple tips that will get your skin looking fresher in time for your holiday events.”
1. Use a cool air humidifier as close as you can to your head while you are sleeping. This will help combat the drying effects of radiators and heaters in your room at night.
2. Increase your water intake from 6 glasses to 8-10 glasses per day in the winter. This will immediately improve your skin’s level of hydration and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles from the inside out.
3. Make changes to your beauty routine from fall to winter to help create a skin base that is smooth and ready. Switch from a foaming cleanser (which can strip away oil from the skin) to a cream or gel-based product. This is a simple way to retain some healthy oil on the skin and to prevent dryness that leads to flaking under makeup.
4. Use a anti-aging serum. Adding a serum to your regimen as a protective layer between your skin and the elements. I like RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum because it moisturizes but also contains retinol, which smooths the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the rate of skin cell turnover.
5. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I love, love, love, La Mer moisturizer. This rich moisturizing cream works to improve firmness and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles for a smooth, youthful look.
Lisa Brown says
Follow instagram http://instagram.com/lisalubrown/
email via: jslbrown2009(at)aol(dot)com
follow pinterest as https://www.pinterest.com/lisalu24/
ellen beck says
Email subscriber with email
nclaudia25 at yahoo dot com
courtney b says
I shared on fb HERE
courtney b says
I shared on facebook
Lauren A. says
who won? :)
Erin Kennedy says
Winner will be announced tomorrow. Good luck! :)