This post was sponsored by Head & Shoulders. All thoughts, opinions, and results are my own.
We all have to face it, the cold, bitter winter is here and it can wreak havoc on our skin. The cold air just sucks the moisture out of our skin making it dry, brittle and flaky. We try all we can to combat the dryness on our skin, but what about our scalps? Our scalps get severely neglected and that dryness throughout the winter months can cause dandruff, even if it is occasion dandruff.
But here’s the thing, dandruff can pop up with other unexpected reasons that causes stress to your scalp, hair product overuse, sweating, blow drying, over-styling. You can have occasional dandruff from any of these reasons at any time. But you can avoid all of that.
Here are some ways to protect your scalp from drying out and causing dandruff:
- Scalp Massage – Before getting in the shower, massage your scalp with a brush or comb to help remove buildup of oil, skin cells and hair products. The bristles of the brush help to lift away dirt and move the natural oils away from your scalp.
- Drink More Water – Keeping yourself hydrated is the key to keeping dry skin at bay and that includes your scalp. Drinking 8, 8oz glasses of water per day is easy and really helps alleviate dry skin and scalp.
- Fatty Acids – Consuming a diet (avoid these 4 diet mistakes) that is full of fatty acids such as avocados, walnuts, and salmon) can help keep your skin looking younger.
- Hair Products – If possible, just cutting back on your hair products a bit can do wonders to keeping your hair and scalp healthy. If you can also cut back on blow drying your hair and air drying, it can really allow your scalp to heal. Try washing your hair the night before, or wash and braid or put up in a bun for a different look.
- Dandruff Shampoo – Healthy, moisturized hair starts at the scalp! Shampoo like Head & Shoulders Green Apple Shampoo offers both itch and flake relief. It starts working with the first wash to restore and maintain scalp health, so even if you don’t have dandruff you can use this for some extra hydration. It can be your everyday hair care hero or just your occasional dandruff fixer!
The best way to use Head & Shoulders Green Apple Shampoo is to lather your hair and let it sit for 3.5 – 6 minutes. I usually shave my legs during this time or exfoliate my face. As women, we typically have treated hair and may be more reluctant to use dandruff shampoo because of some myths of what it may do to our hair.
Let’s bust those myths:
Myth #1 – Daily use dries out hair. If you choose to use Head & Shoulders occasionally or every day, it will not dry out your hair. You may start to notice your hair is shiny and smooth in addition to flake-free.
Myth #2 – Daily use damages hair. Head & Shoulders does not damage your hair in any way. It actually helps to keep it clean, protects and moisturizes.
Myth #3 – Products will fade color-treated hair. Using Head & Shoulders will not affect your colored hair. It will leave your hair healthy and looking fab!
Head & Shoulders includes 1% pyrithione zinc technology which has been proven in hundreds of clinical trials to get rid of dandruff when used regularly. It is also formulated with tea tree essence and peppermint oil and leaves your hair smelling great! You can find the Head & Shoulders Instant Relief Shampoo and many more Head & Shoulders products on Amazon! Having your hair products shipped to your home is a huge time-saver.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Head & Shoulders. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hi Erin, this information helps me a lot to get rid of flaky scalp problem and I have been very thankful to you for providing this solution. Keep updating thankyou.
Thanks for sharing.
How Does Sweating Cause Hair Loss?