Thanks to Medtronic for sponsoring today’s discussion. All opinions are 100% my own.
This is the season that we think of giving, but we should remember to give on all year long. I am so honored to share posts about giving this year and what we can all do to give back to the less fortunate.
I am happy to giveaway $100 Visa gift card to one of you to use to give back. You can read more about that at the bottom.
I am excited to tell you about the Bakken Invitation. The Bakken Invitation from Medtronic connects people together who have a serious medical condition but uses medical technology to help live their life normally. The honorees live their life with maintaing their disease and focus on giving back to the community through charitable service or volunteering.
Each year 10 Bakken Invitation Honorees are chosen, who are recognized for outstanding charity contributions. Live On. Give On.
Each honoree has offered a life tip to encourage you to give back. See below on the infographic the ten lessons:
The honoree recipient I want to share with you is Gretchen Merritt, 35. Gretchen was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 13-years-old. Gretchen thought it would hinder her life with wanting to be active, but it did not stop her from reaching her goals. Gretchen just had to re-evaluate how she lived her life now that she has this life-changing disease. At 22, she decided to wear an insulin pump and that really changed her quality of life and was able to do the things she had always wanted to. With being active and eating healthy, Gretchen was able to play sports, go hiking, camping and white water rafting as a member of a youth ministry organization.
Gretchen has traveled the world, and when she turned 28, she learned about a charity called Freedom Firm and how it was trying to stop sex trafficking. Gretchen started volunteering at Freedom Firm and for years, this has been her passion to work with girls and help them out of this life.
When Gretchen was 30, she joined Freedom Firm full time and was the first employee based out of the US. For almost six years, Gretchen has worked to raise awareness, raise funds, work with volunteers, and educate the community about trafficking.
Have you thought about how you can give back? Here are five ways that you can give back to your community.
1. Donate Time – Just giving your time to help a charity helps them immensely. Charities are always looking for people to help with events, raising funds, or even just awareness of their cause.
2. Donate Money – Sometimes we don’t have a lot of spare time to give, but money is always needed in any charity. They put to to much needed supplies or charity needs.
3. Donate Goods – We all have things around that house that we have not used in years. But a needy family, child or adult could really use your old things and it could make all the difference in their life.
4. Join a Charity Race – There are many charity races for many causes, and just by showing up, or putting together a team to raise funds can help the charity out immensely and your doing your body good too!
5. Rescue, don’t buy. This is my personal favorite because we all know how much of an animal lover I am. Please rescue pets and not purchase pets. All animals need a good home and rescued pets can bring love and laughter into your home while saving their life and helping the rescue by adopting.
Enter to Win $100 Visa Gift Card
We are giving away $100 Visa gift card for you to use to give back to your community somehow, In order to win, all you have to do is comment below with which honoree story inspires you (not including Gretchen) and how you would use the $100 Visa gift card to give back. Click here to read the other nominees and their stories.
18+ and US only Ends Dec 30th.