When thinking of your clothing attire and how to keep it looking fresh and on fleek, you may be missing out on an essential item that can really take your wardrobe to the next level. Starch!
Niagara Starch can help your clothes last longer, looking fresh and new. I love using Niagara because it is an essential part of my laundry room, but it also has a special place in my heart because my grandparents went to the Niagara falls for their honeymoon in 1936, so whenever I use it, it brings a smile to my face.
You may think of starch of being something you might find in your parents laundry room and may not think it has much of a purpose other than making your father’s dress shirts look crisp. But it can be so much more and you may be missing out on some fabulous ways you can use starch for your clothes, and lifestyle needs.
Using Niagara starch on your clothes has so many benefits:
- Make ironing easier and gives your clothes a crisp, smooth finish.
- Gain confidence and look your best with Niagara Spray Starch.
- Get the professional look without the professional fee.
- Stand out from the casual clothing epidemic and dress to impress.
Starch is a fabulous product that can work in your favor to make your wardrobe look more professional and ready to impress. Whether you’re at the office or out for coffee or drinks with your girlfriends, having your outfit with a crisp, clean look will have dressed to impress and can give you the confidence to rock your day.
Here are 6 ways I use Niagra Starch:
1. Sneakers. Keep your sneakers cleaner longer. Spray a few coats on your canvas sneakers to help them to keep their shape and to repel dirt.
2. Pant cuffs. I have quite a few capri pants which have a cuff pant leg. Whenever I wash them, they come apart and are ridiculously wrinkled. It is a pain to iron them each time I wash them. I use starch on my cuffs and they stay folded and wrinkle free. I spray starch and lay flat and air dry and ready to go! If you have a few extra minutes you can iron the cuffs and they will stay folded and not wrinkled a lot longer.
3. Table linens. With the holiday’s coming up, you can impress your guests with a beautiful crisp tablecloth that will make your tablescape look amazing. While ironing your linen, use starch to keep the wrinkles at bay and bonus, it will help with stains. By having the starch on your linens, any spilled food, wine or splatters will clean a lot easier on a starched fabric.
4. Folded Napkins. If you are hosting a dinner and want to fold your napkins into any design, spraying them with starch will help you get the design you want and stay put. Also, by having your linen napkins starched, it will also help with repelling stains when you wash them.
5. T-shirts. Do you wonder how all those fashion bloggers look fabulous in their white crisp clean t-shirt and jeans? The secret is starch. Spray your t-shirt with starch and iron and you have a t-shirt that is right on trend looking fierce.
6. Hats. If you want to keep your hats looking good, spray them with starch to keep them looking new. I have a hat I love and it was completely wrinkled, but I just sprayed it with some Niagara starch, let it air dry and brought it right back to life!
Want to try some of these fabulous tips yourself? Get a coupon for Niagara Starch here.
It’s giveaway time! Enter to win this fabulous gift pack to help your wardrobe and home look fabulous! The Niagara Spray Starch Product Pack includes:
- 1 can of Niagara Original
- 1 can of Niagara Original Lemon
- 1 can of Niagara Heavy
- 1 can of Niagara Lavender
- 1 $50 Container Store Giveaway to give your laundry room a makeover.
For more information and great tips, visit http://www.niagarastarch.com/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Niagara®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cindy Ingalls says
I don’t like to iron, so I rarely do it anymore. When I did do it on a more regular basis spray starch was part of my routine. I never thought to try it elsewhere, but these are some great tips.
My husband will be glad if he knew this! we were looking for a shoe cleaner, an easy one and affordable! Glad to found this he’ll surely love this!
My grandma used starch on everything and her and my grandpa always looked great! She even used it on his jeans like you did here!
Christine - The Choosy Mommy says
I have never used starch but I am going to start doing it with pant cuffs! I never understood how people got them to stay up! Thank you for sharing this!
Oh, nice to know about this. I am planning to but Starch soon.
Kelly Reci says
I never thought of this. I love Starch and I will try to use it to other stuff too.
donna wilson says
I will use every tip……..especially the t-shirts & hats!
catherine brown says
I never knew starch could do this.
Lisa Rios says
I never know we have so many good uses of starch and Niagara Starch sounds like a great solution to try out with clothes. I love how it helps with Sneakers and T-shirts in particular!
Spray your t-shirt with starch and iron and you have a t-shirt that is right on trend looking fierce.
Akhil Sharma says
Cleaning your sneakers with starch is an awesome idea. I never really thought of this one. I’ll definitely give it a try.
Nazma Iqbal says
Oh i never tried this .I will definitely try this.thanx for sharing
Omg I’m obsessed with this stuff!!! I’m kinda obsessive when it comes to my laundry so things like starch and ironing happen often
Elizabeth O. says
I didn’t know you could use starch in so many ways! Love the tips! And that spray is definitely a must have! It’s nice to have those products at home, so handy!
Christina Aliperti says
Very cool uses! I had no idea about spraying my sneakers. I will be doing that tonight.
Emily Valdez says
Making spray starch at home is super easy and costs pennies. Here is a link to the wikihow guide to three ways to make laundry starch at home:
I don’t add any essential oils to mine just because I worry about oily spots on my nice laundered items.