Do you hate all the clothes in your closet like me? I have a whole closet full of crap, and not one thing to wear, well besides the same outfit I wear for every occasion it seems. Or, have you recently lost a bunch of weight and want to get rid of your “fat” clothes so you don’t have an excuse to go back. Or, just want to have an excuse to get with your girlfriends and drink a lot of wine? Well then I have the answer for you!
The biggest thing right now are Clothes Swap Parties! Lets get into the deets.
You basically get together will all of your bestie’s, they all bring the clothes that they don’t want anymore and lots of drinks. Food too, if you see fit. It can be such a fun time talking and drinking and swapping. But alas, there must be rules.
How to organize a clothes swap:
- Invite your friends & ask them to invite their friends because the more the merrier, or more clothes to choose from. About 10-15 people works best and you will want to aim for all shapes and sizes.
- Minimum of 2 full length mirrors.
- Some girls may be modest so try to supply a room that they can change in, or let people know they can wear their bathing suit or body suit if they want.
- You can choose a theme like seasonal clothing but the best swap is all season clothing.
- If 2 people want the same item, then you can flip a coin, or if there are more than 2 people, put names in a hat.
- If you want you can make it into a potluck for food or drinks. Everyone brings something and their clothes of course.
- It is finders keepers, but a rule is that you must try it on first. It may look better on your BF.
An Island Mom says
Great idea! Mainly, it sounds like a good excuse for a girls’ night out. The closet cleaning and new clothes would just be the gravy. Well, unless certain labels are involved.:)
It sounds really fun :) Bet I could swap some cool clothing pieces! It’s going to be a little difficult to convince my girl friends though.
xoxo – Emily
Ankara fashion says
This is some really lovely idea.
Clothes can really the room really messy sometimes. I get new a clothes sometimes, wear it once or twice and then… throw it to the one dungeon in my wardrobe – Just another ‘bye to a new buy’
I get to try this.