I’m a mom. A new mom. A first time mom. A working mom. And all this stuff is so new to me still. I never knew what was to come by becoming a mother. There is so much to learn and there is no one or any book that can tell you what is exactly right for your child.
My personality is strong as a researcher. If I am going to buy something, I have to make sure I am getting the best of the best and the right value for my money. Now with me being a new mom, and me having to research everything, I have spent a lot of time making sure everything I get my daughter is what I feel most comfortable with and what I think is perfect.
One of the most important things your child will have is a crib mattress. I knew even before I had a child, that some of those mattresses out there can be filled or covered in chemicals. Researching and buying a crib mattress for my daughter was going to be one of the most important decisions we were going to make.
I knew that I wanted an organic crib mattress, but I also wanted something that was also good quality and supported my daughters spine. We have been seeing a baby chiropractor since she was 5-weeks-old and I know how important it is to have something that will support her spine as it develops so she can start sitting up on her own, crawling and walking.
I started to read about what most crib mattresses contain, and I couldn’t believe it. I just wanted a crib that did not have the chemical flame retardant on it. I read that inhaling that chemical can possibly cause some health issues. I then learned that there can be so much more chemicals added to mattresses that I never considered. Including the cotton, the fillers or the pads.
I came across Naturepedic crib mattresses and it was everything I was looking for and more. I reached out to them and they offered to give me a mattress to giveaway to my readers!
I love everything about Naturepedic and their mattresses and how they are all organic inside and out. But I was super excited to learn that they have a new crib mattress that is two-sided. It is a 2-Stage design is firm for babies on one side and has more cushion for toddlers when you flip it over to the other side.
Here are all the wonderful reasons I love this mattress:
- Mattress is GOTS certified organic, GREENGUARD® Gold, GREENGUARD Formaldehyde-Free
- Made without flame retardants and other questionable chemicals such as vinyl/PVC, phthalates, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), and formaldehyde
- Mattress contains certified organic cotton fabric and filling
- Pad features certified organic surface fabric quilted to a 3D airflow spacer fabric
- Breathable cover is designed to maximize airflow around the baby for safety and comfort and the surface adds layer of safety in case the baby rolls over face-down
- The Ultra Breathable 2-Stage combines an organic waterproof crib mattress with a washable breathable pad
- Waterproof mattress is easy to clean and protects the inside of the mattress from liquids including urine, spills, and spit-up
The health and happiness of my baby is the upmost important thing to me. I want to make sure that what she lays her head on for 12-15 hours a day won’t harm her, and I am so happy Naturepedic has a mattress that I can feel good about having for my child.
Love it? Want one? Enter below to win one for your little one! Winner will receive mattress sent new from Naturepedic. $399 value!
I received no compensation for my review other than a free sample of the product from Naturepedic.