I just had a baby. As in, just a few weeks ago and I had no idea what I was in for. Needless to say, I haven’t left my house much except for doctors appointments and let’s be honest, haven’t left my pajamas on most days.
With it being spring and getting warmer out, I have been craving some time outdoors and a little date night with my husband. With all the sleepless nights and long days, we could use a little time to connect. My brother recently moved to town, and he agreed to watch our little sweet baby while we grab some dinner and adult conversation.
I want to have a fresh makeup look for spring but also perfect for a low-key date night but that doesn’t take too long to put together either. Time is of the essence around here with a new baby.
Looking at my first pic before makeup, I realize how tired I look!
Here is my date-night makeup tutorial for a first date after new baby:
I am really picky with my makeup brushes. I have super sensitive skin, so I want a brush that does not irritate my face but also does the best job of applying my makeup. This is why I love EcoTools® brushes because they have the softest bristles and superior in getting the coverage I am looking for.
1. I start with a wash and moisturized face, I then use the Skin Perfecting Brush to apply the Burt’s Bees® light BB cream. The straight and dense bristles are designed to apply Burt’s Bees® BB Cream smoothly and evenly around your face, even the harder to cover spots like around the eyes and nose.
2. I need to cover the dark circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep that I am getting with the new baby. I need a good brush to hide all the dark under my eyes and lids. I choose my concealer and apply it with the EcoTools® Pointed Concealer Brush
3. I use the new EcoTools® Blending and Bronzer brush to bring some color to my face (I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun) and blend it with my bb cream for a fresh look.
4. I use the EcoTools® Eye Shadow Brush to add some depth sexiness to my eyes for my date. But not too dark, because I want to have a pretty spring look. The EcoTools® eye shadow brush allows me to be precise in getting the exact look I want for my eyes. I decided to forgo using eyeliner because I wanted to keep my look fresh for spring and a good eyeshadow and brush will do the trick.
5. The EcoTools® Angled face brush is what I use to apply blush. It is perfect for getting right in the apples of my cheekbones.
6. After I have the look I want with my eyeshadow, I apply Mascara for the finished look of my eyes.
7. The EcoTools® Detailed lip liner brush is perfect for lining my lips with the Burt’s Bees® lipstick in Lily Lake color. I take the brush and line my lips with my desired color, then fill it in with the lipstick for the perfect lip.
The EcoTools® brushes are amazing and feel so good on my sensitive skin. Here are some other amazing facts about these bamboo brushes:
– Hand crafted and precisely cut bristles that are incredibly soft and cruelty-free
– Recycled aluminum ferrules
– Re-purposed packaging is made with 100% tree-free paper
– Sleek bamboo handles
Burt’s Bees® has a new line of lipsticks and they are gorgeous. I mean each and every one. There are 14 satin-finished shades. They are Burt’s Bees® so you know they are made from the best ingredients and uses a natural formula featuring Beeswax, Moringa Oil and Raspberry Seed Oil. These shades hydrates and moisturizes with color that lasts up to 8 hours.
- Brimming Berry
- Scarlet Soaked
- Iced Iris
- Magenta Rush
- Ruby Ripple
- Sunset Cruise
- Lily Lake
- Fuchsia Flood
- Tulip Tide
- Suede Splash
- Blush Basin
- Nile Nude
- Juniper Water
Now Burt’s Bees® has a new BB cream with SPF 15. Available in 3 shades which offers instant lightweight coverage and is also perfect to help us ladies look younger by concealing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I love Burt’s Bees® because I know when I buy any product, I know I am getting the best quality and it always has the best texture and scent nature has to offer. I also love always buy Burt’s Bees® because their products are always free of Parabens, Pthalates, Petrolatum and SLS and never tested on animals. That is really important to me.
You can buy all these products at Walmart. Find your must needed Burt’s Bees products in the natural beauty section and these amazing EcoTools® brushes in the cosmetic section.
Ready for my date night that is much needed with the hubs. Now just to figure out what to do with my hair!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees® & EcoTools®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Elizabeth O. says
I love the look! It’s like a better version of no make up look. I like your eye make up the most, I’m a huge fan of smokey eye, and it’s great when you use neutral shades especially when you’re going out during the day. That spread of lipsticks from Burt’s Bees is amazing! I have always liked that brand.
Robin rue says
I don’t wear makeup, but I am sure lots of women are going to love this tutorial. Very pretty.
Cindy Ingalls says
Eco Tools makes great brushes. I have some of their travel brushes that I keep in my small purse makeup bag. I haven’t tried the Burt’s Bees makeup, but have heard great reviews.
Liz Mays says
I love the routine!The Burt’s Bees lipsticks look really nice. I’m going to have to try a few colors.
Jeni Hawkins says
Well, you clearly don’t NEED makeup, but you look beautiful after just those simple steps! I like Burt’s Bees and will have to try more of their stuff!
Nicole Etolen says
Wow! Nice results, so pretty. Glad you shared it. Thanks!
Stephanie Pass says
I love Burt’s Bee makeup and I had no idea they had a BB cream. I’ll be checking that out. My husband got me those Eco tools for Christmas one year and I still love them.
Dawn McAlexander says
I love all those lipstick shades. The way you did your eye makeup really made your eyes pop, too. Great job!
Lisa Rios says
The Burt’s Bees lipsticks are looking really gorgeous. I love those different types of brushes from Ecotools & I would want that with my makeup set. I think you look great with the efforts you have put in & the results are amazing.
Melissa Bernardo says
I love your tutorial! I really love Eco Tools brushes. Thanks for sharing this!
Attachment Mummy says
Great look, but I’d rather be at home with my new bubba than out on a date! Love Burts Bees products though.