With the recent, reports of Kim Kardashian being robbed in her hotel room, it is important to remind ourselves some important safety tips. Luckily she wasn’t hurt, but there are a lot of situations that could come about for us ladies and we need to know how to stay safe.
I actually posted this last year, but I think that this information is always important to remember or keep written down somewhere. When I read it over again, I had forgotten almost half of the tips and it is important to know this and the women in your life to know about this. I think I will make sure that the women in my life read this post again. Knowledge is power ladies!
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life.
Remind yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body if you are close enough to use it.
2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you.If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
6. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
D.) When walking to your car, walk with purpose. Studies have shown that muggers will see that you are not an easy mark. You will also want to make sure you walk with one hand free. If both of your hands are full of bags, you will look like an easy target.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.) (Ha ha, I always tell my husband this when he thinks I’m overreacting!)
7. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
8. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
9. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
10. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.. The police told her ‘Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door..’The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’ He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that
they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
11. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors!
The world we live in has a lot of crazies in it
and it’s better to be safe than sorry…..
Thanks for this post. Really great reminders. I don’t think I would have thought to crash the car, but after reading, it definitely seems like the right thing to do. Some of these (baby, water) sound too crazy to be real, but then again, the people committing these crimes ARE crazy! Be safe, ladies.
Kumiko Belle says
I’m going to read this over and over until i remember! I think I’m going to sign up for some self defense classes, this blog post was very educational.
Great to be reminded of these things. I hadn’t heard the one about the water before.
This is a great post! I’m very paranoid so I tend to do these things plus some…I don’t even park near or a van or if I come out and notice that a van has parked near me AND it’s night time, I’ll wait till it leaves. I’m totally serious.
I would love to repost this on my blog though so more people can know and give you credit! I’ll talk to you on fb because this is great. :)
Where are the final three? …the title says “14,” but I only see 11….
My Thirty Spot says
Thanks for posting. I counted the A, B, C and D as tips too since they are their own tip. I also added one to make sure there were 14 since I also can’t do math.
great post but i have one to add! when you get in a taxi by yourself and the driver asks you where you are going always say your going to meet your husband/boyfriend that way they wont follow you :)
My Thirty Spot says
Thanks @Anonymous for commenting and for your extra tip. I never thought about that ever, but good to know for the ladies who live in the big city.
Those sneaky bastards. I’m glad I read this, most of it I do already but that baby thing would have gotten me :/
I am going to print this and give it to the women in my life that I love… I might even post a few here and there…this is good stuff.
im a 17 year old girl and ill be living on my own next year and this honestly scared the crap out of me! i appreciate it a lot though, since ill be sure to be less naive and much more alert in the future <3 thank you!
My Thirty Spot says
Hi 17YO Anonymous. I’m glad you appreciate this list. This stuff is important to know, and yet not get too paranoid about them either, because that can be easy to do. Good luck in moving out. Just keep your wits about you.
Thank you for this list I had heard some but not all. I would also like to add is of never walking looking distracted or down or on the phone. make sure to look around. Ladies also have your car keys at hand to want to stand by your car looking for the keys in your purses. in a self defense class I took they taught us to use pepper spray I have it on my key chain if you dont have a pepper spray you can hold your car keys sticking out in between middle finger and ring finger while your hand is in a fist
I happened to see a link to this post on Pinterest. I knew some of the tips, but a few I had forgotten or didn’t know, like getting in the car from the other side if a van is parked beside you. These days we cannot be too careful.
If you see someone around your vehicle when going out to it and something looks strange??
Push the alarm button on your remote car keys!This should deter them to leave?Don’t go to your vehicle until it is safe to do so.If people hear your car alarm they will seek what the problem may be !!
This may sound crazy,but makes sense to me. Someone sent me this,by way of email. Lay your car keys on your nite stand by your bed. If you hear something very strange or whatever in the nite ,push the button for your car alarm and the burglar may leave.The neighbors will hear it and definitely wake up to check it out and it may save your life!
Rachel Brighton says
This is a very amazing tips. Girls always remember not to walk alone especially at night, always walk with company of friends.Just like what you have said it’s better to be safe than sorry. Thank you so much.
Hell, these are amazing tips for men as well. Good information about the tricks used by predators. I always knew about the gun thing and running, and odds are likely that as a giant of a man, if I am attacked, they’d use a gun to intimidate me.