It’s officially wedding season! On top of shopping for wedding gifts, RSVPing to events and posing for a million photos with family members and friends, you also have to figure out what to wear! Once you have the look, top it off with some trendy spring jewelry pieces with these tips:
When you go to a black tie wedding, it’s appropriate to sparkle and shine! Black tie weddings typically mean floor length gowns, elegant updos and sleek tuxedos, so it’s important that you pick jewelry that matches the formalness of your attire. Keep these tips in mind when glamming up for your next black tie wedding:
- Grab guests’ attention with cushion brilliant or cushion modified brilliant diamond jewelry pieces. This cut is one of the most brilliant of all diamonds, meaning it has an intense sparkle that can be spotted from across a room!
- A bold cocktail ring can make even the most formal gown edgy and unique. Make sure when you choose a cocktail ring, you keep the rest of your jewelry simple and understated to let the ring stand out on its own.
- Does your gown have a low neckline? Accentuate it with a long, pendant necklace. Long necklaces (some reaching even as low as the belly button!) were splashed all over the runways this year, so now’s the perfect time to throw one on as you head out the door. Want more drama? Layer multiple long necklaces on!
Black Tie Optional
Many women are utterly confused about what to wear to a black tie optional wedding. There’s a fine line between dressing for a formal wedding and dressing for a black tie optional wedding, but luckily, you won’t have to worry about jewelry with these tips:
- Delicate jewelry with colored gemstones such as sapphires, rubies or emeralds strike a perfect balance between formal and cocktail.
- Thin, stackable gold rings can add a subtle feminine accent to any cocktail gown without screaming for attention.
- Speaking of stackable jewelry, try stacking a few different bangles on one arm. Because you’re allowed to be a little less formal at these weddings, try using four or five bangles with different designs, textures or even metals. Mixing silver, gold and rose gold metals is a huge trend in the jewelry world, so showing up with a stack of these bangles will show just how fashion forward you are.
Beach weddings are laid-back with a “go with the flow” kind of vibe, so don’t go overboard with the jewels. Think of the setting and be inspired by the beautiful blues of the ocean and sand-colored neutrals. Rock these pieces to wow guests at a beach formal wedding:
- Chunky, fun statement necklaces with floral detailing that give an effortless, yet pulled together look.
- Bangle bracelets or dangly, whimsical earrings that feature turquoise or coral, two stones with vibrant colors that are perfect for a beach setting.
- Silk scarves wrapped around the neck to look like a choker necklace are a major trend on the runway this year. Choose a bold, colorful print and use a beach formal wedding to debut your take on this trend!
Follow all of these jewelry trend tips next time you go to a wedding and you may end up having to remind other guests to pay more attention to the bride, and less on how fabulous you look!
Gwen Lewis is a writer and makeup artist based in Southern California. Because of her passion for beauty and health, she hopes to help others not just look great but feel great, whether through makeup or her writing. In her free time, she enjoy shopping and pick-up soccer games with her friends.