I have a Christmas party to go to this weekend and I was asked to bring a dish. I did all my research and wanted to find something that was delicious and that I thought everyone would love. For me, that means something sweet. I settled on a Marshmallow Praline Sweet Potato Pie. I wrote my list and planned on the time I would be able to make the pie in between baby naps, getting my work done and somehow get those little things done like eating and showering. Maybe I could cut out the shower for one day and that would free up some time. Or grab a protein shake for lunch rather than eating. That could free up some time.
So with all those ingredients, I made my pie, and you can too. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- 1 3/4 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake piecrust according to package directions. I would take it out when it is just about to brown, because it will cook a lot during the baking of the pie.
- While the piecrust is in the oven, whisk together the sweet potato, brown sugar, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Pour the filling into the piecrust. Bake in the oven for 30 min. While the pie is cooking, you can make your praline topping and whipped cream.
- After the 30 minutes of cooking, remove pie and top with praline topping. Return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Or until the marshmallows have browned.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and use a fork until well blended.
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer until stiff peaks. About 3 minutes. For better whipped cream, try mixing in a metal bowl that you put in the freezer for 15 minutes prior.
Leave a Reply