So you can’t get through the morning without your morning joe. Or, you can’t even think about getting out of bed without the help your neighborhood Starbucks. But you have started to notice that your vice has come with a small problem, your pants don’t seem to fit like they used to. It could be from the double caramel frappuccino that is doing the damage to your figure.
For the new year, I have decided to cut out sugar, (or at least try to slowly cut it back,) I’m just being realistic.
I am dedicating this post to the hubs because he has been trying to be good diet wise, and cut out sweets to try to drop some lbs. However, lately he has picked up a little coffee habit almost every afternoon. There happens to be a Starbucks right next to his office and he just stops by for that afternoon pick-me-up. However, he isn’t choosing the best option, a blended caramel frappuccino with extra caramel and extra whip cream. I’ve had this drink, and it is cray cray delicious, but it has around 500 – 600 calories! That is a lot of calories for a drink.
I told him that if he is trying to be better with his diet, he doesn’t want to waste all those calories on a sugar filled coffee. I wanted to put together a list to give him some great coffee options that taste great, but doesn’t ruin all he is trying to do with a few sips.
Here is a list of some fantastic drinks (hot and cold) that you can order at Starbucks that won’t expand your waistline:
– Brewed Tazo Tea – 0 calories
– Brewed coffee – 5 calories
– Nonfat Cappuccino – 60 calories
– Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee – 90 calories
– Tazo Shaken Iced Tea Lemondade – 100 calories
– Nonfat Vanilla Crème- No Whip – 150 calories
– Coffee Frappuccino Blended Coffee – 180 calories
My personal favorite, Skinny Caramel Macchiato. It is the best ‘skinny’ drink in my opinion and it is only 105 calories in a tall, or 140 calories in a Venti, for the days I really need a delish pick-me-up. Skim milk, sugar free vanilla syrup, no whip, topped with creamy foam and drizzled with a little caramel. Oh my gosh, it is truly heaven!
- Short – 50 calories
- Tall Hot – 60 calories Tall. Cold 80 calories
- Grande/Venti Hot – 70 calories. Cold 110 calories
- Flavored Syrup 1 pump Sugar Free – 0 calories
- Mocha Syrup 1 pump – 25 calories
- Toppings – Chocolate drizzle – 5 calories, Caramel drizzle – 15 calories
- Espresso Shot – 5 Calories
Short – 8 ounces
Tall – 12 ounces
Grande – 16 ounces
Venti – 20 ounces
Venti (cold) 24 ounces
Want to make your own weight loss drinks at home? I have 6 recipes for quick weight loss: