Puffy eyes can come with a lot of territory. Crying your eyes out, new moms not getting any rest, too much red wine, or your mind racing with all of the things you have to do the next day.
We can wake up looking swollen, exhausted with dark circles, and just plain rough times. We don’t need the whole world to know, and we definitely don’t want to have to hear it from anyone, “Oh, you look so tired. Not getting much sleep?” You might as well come out and say I look like I have been run over a truck.
There are a few tricks of the trade to de-puff those eyes so we can keep our exhaustion on the inside (tear rolling down cheek,) and no one has to be the wiser.
1. Drink a glass of water. Puffiness can come from dehydration and the water will help the swelling go down.
2. Wash your face with cool water. Will remove tears and help de-puff eyes.
3. If you have time, wrap some ice cubes or frozen vegetables in a towel and place on eyes for 10 min.
4. Keep your eye cream or gel in the fridge. Let it sink in for about 10 minutes, then apply your makeup.
5. Mix a small amount of your eye cream with your foundation and apply around the eyes.
Don’t use eye-liner since it will accentuate how big and puffy your eyes are. Use eye shadow and mascara to make your eyes seem open.
Rossy G says
Great post! I totally agree on these tips. I will def follow these tips for I got slight puffiness. Thanks for sharing.
Mindy McCartney says
With which eye creams and/or depuffers have you had good results? I have a depuffing roller from Clinique right now that helps a little, but not as much as I want. The eye firming cream from Mary Kay helps sometimes. Have you tried any good ones?
My Thirty Spot says
Thanks for reading and commenting! I have a few posts that may help answer your question. Best Budget Eye Cream
Also, I just recently interviewed a famous dermatologist and she talks about her favorite products – Dr. Erin Gilbert Answers Your Skincare Questions
These tips are great for tired eyes! I have been using these tips for years and love it! These are fantastic way to get rid of eye puffiness. Thanks.