Getting pregnant. Well I am 35-years-old and the clock is ticking so-to-speak. My 98-year-old grandmother states that there is no time like the present and it needs to be done before time runs out. Granted, she had her last baby at 35, so I feel that I have time, but she was also done at 35, and I am thinking about starting at 35.
So the hubs and I have decided that we need to start officially trying, and not just (not preventing) soon. Like in the next few ovulation cycles.
I also know that there are some of my other friends who are also trying, but are not getting pregnant as quickly as they had in the past. So these tips are for me, for my girlfriends and for you if you are thinking about getting pregnant, or actively trying.
9 Tips to Help Get Pregnant Now!
1. Have Sex (obviously) : But have it often. Your odds of getting pregnant are best when you have sex 1 to 2 days before you ovulate. But cycles vary with each person on length and when they ovulate. Sperm can survive in a woman’s body for up to 5 days. To play it safe, try to have sex starting 3 days before you ovulate, and continue every day for 2 – 3 days after you think you’ve ovulated.
2. Lie Low After Sex: Give sperm a chance to swim upstream before going to the bathroom. Stay in bed for at least a few minutes after intercourse. Some women think it is a good idea to pull your legs to your chest. Wouldn’t hurt.
3. Create a Sperm-Friendly Environment: Avoid vaginal sprays, scented tampons, artificial lubricants, and douching. They can alter the normal acidity of the vagina.
4. Maintain a Healthy Weight: Studies show that weighing too little — or weighing too much can disrupt ovulation and may also affect production of key reproductive hormones that is important for baby making. Try to not be below a BMI of 18.5 and staying around 24.9 BMI.
5. Know When You Ovulate: Chart your basal body temperature and your cervical mucus. You might also use an over-the-counter ovulation predictor kit (OPK) to check for hormonal changes in your urine before ovulation.
6. Take Advantage of Apps: Use phone apps to help keep track of your body temp, or mucus. There are many apps that can log that information for you and let you know when you’re ovulating. Here are 12 Best Ovulation Tracker Apps.
7. Try Not to Stress: It can be super stressful to try for a baby, but things like yoga, meditation, or long walks can reduce stress. Research indicates that stress can interfere with getting pregnant. No need to quit your job or change your life. Simple acts such as exercising, writing in a journal, or holding hands with your spouse can lower stress.
8. Acupuncture: Just like Charlotte said in “Sex in the City,” Acupuncture helped her friend get pregnant, it actually helped my friend get pregnant. She talked to many infertility docs, and once she did acupuncture, she was pregnant the next month. Something to consider.
9. Trying for a Boy or a Girl? There’s no sure, natural way to choose the sex of your baby. But male sperm swim and expire faster than female sperm. To aim for a boy, have intercourse about 12 hours before you ovulate — or as close to ovulation as possible — so the male sperm will be there when the egg drops. To aim for a girl, have intercourse several days before ovulation, so more female sperm will be around when the egg drops. Still, experts say your odds are 50-50 unless you use a sperm-sorting technique, followed by artificial insemination.
An amazing testimony on a sorceress who help me to get pregnant, So me and my partner have been trying for a baby for the last 2 years now. I don’t have a regular cycle so it is hard for me to tell when I’m ovulating or not, but we always have sex at least 3 times a week, sometimes more. I know it can take up to a year to conceive but everyone i know who have had a baby have conceived within 2-3months of trying and it is really getting to me. my partner had a fertility test about a year ago and his sperm were fine. I’m thinking it could be a problem with me but I’ve never had any symptoms of any problems. My partner does smoke and have the occasional drink, and i used to smoke and also have the occasional drink. i know i’m slightly overweight but that shouldn’t affect our chances too much, one faithful day my friend told me to contact a Sorceress that help her sister, then i contact the woman on her email. after three months the doctor confirm that i am pregnant thank you Sorceress mama jaja for helping me get a baby, I am thankful for all she had done. contact her via email: ([email protected]), if you are trying to get a baby. she has powers to do it.
Juliet David says
An amazing testimony on a Sister Lucy Special herbal Medicine who help me to get pregnant.After a few years of trying to conceive I finally got pregnant in 6 weeks, i would like to share the happy news to others those who looking for conceive in natural ways. If you are trying to conceive but still aren’t getting pregnant, don’t worry but there’s good news, it CAN be fixed: I used Sister Lucy Special herbal Medicine one of the online guide to get pregnant and is it successful, i recommended to all , if you looking for get pregnant in natural way, i put the Email address here who made me to got pregnant via email [email protected] .