Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
You could be causing more wrinkles by the way you wash your face and be none the wiser. I have partnered with Simple Skincare, the experts at sensitive skin. Now that we are in our 30s, it is even more important to take care of our skin. Whether you don’t have many wrinkles yet, or you are trying to not create more, the way you care for your skin is more than just anti-aging creams and serums.
Washing your face morning and night (or lack thereof) has a direct effect on how your skin creates wrinkles. By following some important tips below, you can minimize or slow down the rate of wrinkles, fine lines and overall unflattering skin.
With over 50 years of creating products that never use dyes, artificial perfumes, or harsh irritants that upset your skin, they are a wonderful option to achieve healthy looking skin without the hassle.
1. Not washing your face at the end of the day could be causing wrinkles. Sleeping in your makeup and all the dirt, grime, environmental pollutants and dust you accumulate during the day seeps into your pores and breaks down your collagen and elastin. Unfortunately this can cause the skin on your face to age faster with fine lines and wrinkles than if you take off all that gunk by cleansing and moisturizing every night before you go to sleep.
2. Washing too harshly. You want to cleanse your face and not wash it. There is a clear difference. People sometimes think that using a harsh soap will get your face squeaky clean, but in actuality, they are stripping their face of its natural oils and then it accentuate fine lines. Vigorously scrubbing should be avoided, which is why most people prefer the makeup-removing. You can be assured that you are removing all the dirt and makeup by first using a facial wipe to gently but thoroughly remove everything before you wash your face. Simple Cleansing Wipes or Simple Micellar Water Wipes which are gentle but takes everything off without pulling at your skin.
3. Tap water can be rough on your skin. According to dermatologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center, tap water strips skin of its natural barrier oils and moisture that protect against wrinkles. If you wash off the good oils, you wash away your protection and dries out your skin that allows fine lines to creep on. It is really important to use a cleanser that contains moisturizers like Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. Remove makeup. Instantly hydrate.
4. Not moisturizing after cleansing. It is super important to keep your skin hydrated inside and out and not forgetting to your your nightly moisturizer after your cleanse your face is #1. Otherwise, skin cells can dry out and that will make your complexion appear dull and more wrinkled. Simple Replenishing Moisturizer is the perfect solution.
5. Not having a clean face to start with before you put on your makeup. You want to have a good clean base on your skin before you start adding creams, spf cream and makeup. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water cleans your face of all the dust and dirt you accumulated while sleeping while adding a perfect hydrated base for all the products you will be putting on your face.