Being in my 30s, I have a lot more routines that I abide by to keep myself looking young and fresh. From my skincare to my hair to even what I put inside my body, I try to make sure that I am doing the best I can to make myself feel my best.
Here is my list of beauty routines that I adhere to each day, week and month. I fit this into my schedule just like I would anything else. Time may be short for many of us, but it is always important to keep ourselves a priority to look and feel our best.
My daily beauty routine:
- Vitamins! The vitamins I take daily are Omega 3, Vitamin D, Calcium, and of course a multi-vitamin.
- I wear sunscreen no matter what. This is number one on my beauty list. I also don’t leave the house without also applying sunscreen on the back of my hands. I try to aim for 30+ SPF.
- I exfoliate my face once a day. You don’t need to do more than that because it can actually do the opposite effect and make your face look dried out. I use an electric exfoliation brush.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydrating your body can help hydrate your hair and skin. I always try to make sure I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and avoid drinks that can dehydrate you like sodas and caffeinated drinks.
- When I wash my hair, I only shampoo my roots. Your hair gets dirty and greasy from the scalp down, and your shampoo will wash down your ends when you rinse. You also want to make sure you use a quality shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo. It gently cleans my hair and helps maintain moisture in my hair so it feels smooth and soft.
- When I condition my hair, I only use Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner because it is gentle on my hair and I only condition my ends. Pantene’s Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner helps keep my hair hydrated and my ends from looking dried out.
- Fix those flyways. A great secret I have to tame them is by adding a dab of Pantene’s Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner to your hands, rub them together and slick back any flyways you see.
My weekly beauty routine:
- Pluck my stray eyebrow hairs, and when needed, wax my brows.
- I exfoliate my entire body for bump-free smooth skin. I use a brush or this Homemade Salt Body Scrub
- I give myself scalp massage at least once a week to for 10 minutes to increase blood flow to the scalp and promote hair growth. I do this while washing my hair with a good lathering shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo.
- Toning. My skin is naturally dry, so I only tone my skin once a week. Toning is important to balance excess oil, refining pores and providing anti-aging nourishment.
My monthly beauty routine:
- When your hair starts to look limp it is probably from product build-up. Mix a spoonful of baking soda into your Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo to get the fullness back in your hair.
- Use a deep conditioner or hair mask like Pantene Pro-V Intensely Hydrated Masque. You can also try Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner, which I think is also perfect for this. I just run the conditioner through my hair all the way to the ends, braid it and sleep with it overnight. Rinse thoroughly in the morning.
- I do a facial for deep cleansing, to lighten acne marks and help keep the wrinkles at bay. It is important that you don’t do a facial more than once a month or you could end up with the opposite desired effect of irritating your skin because of over-cleansing,
- Wash my makeup brushes. This is so important. Bacteria can grow on those brushes after each use. Get those cleaned so that bacteria doesn’t end up on your face!
I would love for you to share your beauty routines. Leave them in the comments!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Pantene through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Pantene, all opinions are my own.